“Evaluation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waterloo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Evaluation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our room was clean , the cleaning staff outstanding. We slept very well considering we were close the Highway 3.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

AmandaO83, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Waterloo, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave your feedback on your stay with us. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in pretty late and the woman working was extremely helpful. She even showed us the room because we had so many questions. She went above and beyond to assist us and its nice to have people like that when you are in need.

• Stayed January 2012
AmandaO83, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Waterloo, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 618-939-2020 Ext: 401.

Amanda Overall
Front Office Manager
Waterloo Inn Inc. dba Super 8 of Waterloo
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I paid a little more than I would in super8 but I would say that my stay wasn't bed. Hotel is clean. Breakfast was basic. Motel is in a very quite location next to a used car lot. I would stay here again in future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Amanda Overall
Front Office Manager
Waterloo Inn Inc. dba Super 8 of Waterloo
Cudahy, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The hotel is one of one in the area so even though it is a nice property it is over priced (location, location, location!!) They offer wi-fi and use of the computer in the lobby but the connection is very slow and the operating system seems outdated. So if you're planning on working or just surfing, don't if you don't want to be frustrated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

After a full day of motorcycle travel in 100 degree heat, I could continue no longer. I had the misfortune of stopping at the Waterloo, Il. Super 8 Hotel.

I was overcharged for the room, at $69.00 for a weekday.I have NEVER paid that much at a Super 8. I was given my AARP discount; that brought the total with tax to $69.69. Too much! I asked, and was told the wireless internet was not working. They offered a workstation in the lobby. I found that to be unacceptable. I don’t do my private business in a public environment! In-room wireless is included in the price, as advertised! That is what I wanted and expected, or discount my room accordingly. There was no refrigerator, no microwave, and the satellite TV had few choices. The amenities were poor in quality and quantity for a $69.69 room! I asked if there was another hotel in town, and was told that there was only one other, but it was owned by the same person. I figured, “what's the use!”

Upon checkout, I asked once more for a discount for the wireless internet outage, and was told ""well, I see you got an AARP discount, so you should be happy with that." Also, I was told by the clerk, "you knew that the wireless was out before you took the room. You should have gone elsewhere if you that wasn't satisfactory." Also, “the workstation is right there in the lobby, so you had access to the internet.”
First, what in the name of God does my AARP discount have to do with anything?
The people running this place are there for their own benefit - NOT THE CUSTOMERS!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
, General Manager at Super 8 Waterloo, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of our property. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 618-939-2020 Ext: 412. Sincerely, Neal Mathews Director of Public Relations Waterloo Inn Inc. dba Super 8 of Waterloo
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

It's a Super 8. Clean, quiet, easy to get to. The room was clean and the bed was good. Great for business or for a quick stop on the way. Breakfast was good for a quick bite and the coffee was hot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to create a review.
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

We were very impressed with this motell. It was very clean, comfortable, quiet, and well maintained. It was built fairly recently, which gives it the added plus of having fairly new furnishings. The staff was efficient and friendly as well. As far as recreation, the hotel features a nice fitness room.
The breakfast was decent.. I thought the selection was somewhat limited, but it was fine for a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to create a review. Please know that we do value your feedback and look at it for improving our property.

Been to Super 8 Waterloo? Share your experiences!