“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Washington to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Washington
Sleep Inn & Suites Washington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 N Cummings Lane, Cruger & N Cummings Lane, Washington, IL 61571   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Washington
Kingwood, Texas
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I recommend Sleep Inn and Suites if you need to stay in Washington, IL. The facilities appeared relatively new. The pubic areas and my room were clean, bright and well cared for. The WiFi in the room worked well, although it was not a secure network. The bathroom was large and had all the necessary amenities. The complimentary breakfast was good, particularly the do-it-yourself waffles. The person running the breakfast area was diligent and made sure the food remain stocked and the area spotlessly clean.

My only downgrades would be the air conditioning and road noise. My room faced the main road and road noise became apparent starting about 8am ... but it was only a slight annoyance. The air conditioning was quite loud. When it tripped on I found it would briefly wake me up, but then its white-noise also tended to put me right back to sleep. The AC worked well despite this and seemed to keep the room at a pretty stable temperature.

Sleep Inn doesn't tout itself as a four star accomodation, and it's not, but for a basic, clean room at a good price, I think you can do a lot worse, particularly in the Washington area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

this is second time i've had to stay here and nothing has changed: staff, cleanliness, amenities, all of a superior quality. i typically stay in the "hilton" chain, but client put me up here the first time. i was skeptical, but won over by the people-friendly staff. the second visit i requested this hotel and am gain elated to find same superior staff & quality.

next door is "gracie's," a nice pub with good sandwiches and filled with locals, which in a small town, is the sign of good food.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
GMWashSleep, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Washington, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you so much for your review and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoy your stays with us and also like dining at Gracie's next door. It looks like you may have skipped over or mistakenly given us some low rankings since this was a positive review. I don't know if there is any way to fix that, but I did want to point that out. Please feel free to contact me at amy@washingtonsleepinn.com and thanks again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Well, Washington has two hotel options and one B&B... This hotel isn't near as bad as the old Super 8 in town, but it isn't great. I can't recall ever staying in a "Sleep Inn" before, as they are usually pretty crummy. This hotel is relatively new, so I had high hopes. They weren't met.

The pillows were awful... small, square squishy down pillows. There were no alternatives in the closet, or offered to us. (After the first night, we ended up borrowing pillows from a family member in town and taking those back to the hotel to use).

Our 3rd floor room is not what I would call clean... Upon arrival I spotted several hairs in the bathroom, in corners and stuck on the shower wall near the floor. (Needless to say, eww).
There was a milky white stain on the window curtain, and there were smudges on the gold colored bedspread.
The towels in the bathroom were worn thin and dingy looking. The water pressure in the shower was a joke, though the water temp was fine.

Next time I'm in town, I'll try the B&B.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
The staff at the Sleep Inn and Suites was very disappointed to read this review as we strive to provide our guests with a very clean hotel, excellent service, and an overall pleasant stay. As you can see from our other reviews, this is what our guests get as soon as they walk in our doors. I have contacted this guest and I sincerely hope to hear back from her so I can offer my apologies for the issues she encounted and do what I can to earn her business back. Unfortunately, we were not made aware of any problems during her stay or at checkout or we would have done everything we could to rectify the situation. Please feel free to contact me at amy@washingtonsleepinn.com with any questions or concerns regarding this review.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

This hotel was so much more than expected! Normally you get what you pay for and I went it there not knowing what a great hotel this was. Very clean, very friendly staff, great breakfast, and the beds were amazing! I wish I had one like that at home! Whenever I am in the area I will definitely stay at this hotel and recommend it to others. A hidden gem for sure!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
jpetrone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

All I can say is that the staff really knows what hospitality is all about! The entire staff from the front desk, to the breakfast staff, and housekeeping were the friendliest I have ever encountered. I travel for work and they were conveinteley located 5 minutes from the city where I needed to be. Beds at this hotel=heavan!! I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

This is a nice, relatively new hotel with a very friendly staff. As my father was coming to town for Thanksgiving and would be here for nearly a week, it made sense for him to have a place of his own for the duration of his stay. The staff kept their eye for him and helped make his stay comfortable. He enjoyed the breakfasts, and we took advantage of the restaurant/sports bar next door for lunch. There are also several other family restaurants, pizza joints and fast food options available within a mile or so of the property.

During Dad's stay there was a high school basketball invitational in town, with several teams staying in the Sleep Inn. We had no problems with noise or overcrowding, and the staff remained calm and friendly throughout.

Being located just off US 24, this hotel is a prime location for anyone staying in the Peoria area, especially if you don't want to be downtown or near the mall. Access to major highways and area attractions is easy, and there's much to do in Washington itself.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Iowa City, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

The rooms were clean, and fresh. We stayed in a suite but others in our group made comments about how nice their rooms were. My wife made use of the fitness center and was very pleased. She liked how the machines were new, clean, and accessible 24 hrs. Breakfast in the a.m. was delightful, I enjoyed the pastry with great coffee. On top of great rooms, the staff made sure our stay was wonderful. Even when seemingly overwhelmed by a rush of people checking out, the person behind the desk remained professional and courteous at all times. I had an issue with the rate I was charged, but the staff made sure to get my information and promptly called me back to clear it up. Amy, the manager, made sure to call me the next day (we checked out on Sunday) to make sure all was o.k. Kudos to Amy and the staff at Sleep Inn, Washington IL.!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!