“Great Staff - Poorly Constructed and Outfitted Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Washington

Sleep Inn & Suites Washington
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Washington to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Washington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 N Cummings Lane, Cruger & N Cummings Lane, Washington, IL 61571   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Washington
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Staff - Poorly Constructed and Outfitted Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The only reason that I did not rate this hotel as "terrible" is because the staff was very nice and for the most part did a decent job. However:

The HVAC unit would not cool.
The shower had almost NO water pressure. The water "fell out" instead of spraying, even though the faucet pressure seemed adequate.
The bed was extremely uncomfortable.
I kept finding hairs from previous occupants in the bed linens and various spots around the room.
TV was extremely small (more like a computer monitor than a TV).
Breakfast was very minimal and they kept running out of coffee. I felt like I was eating food from a gas station vending machine.

This was a busy weekend for me and fortunately, I spent a great deal of my time outside of the hotel. However, I did not have time to deal with issues that should not have existed to begin with and therefore did not report them. I had booked three nights but only stayed two. That was the most that I could stand. The staff was nice and probably would have attempted to accommodate these issues, but I did not have the time nor patience to deal with facility issues that should not have existed in a relatively new Hotel. Since this hotel was supposedly, fairly new, my expectations were high and allowed me to justify the expense. However, I have had better experiences at hotels that cost half as much. My impression was that the hotel was constructed very quickly and very cheaply, and it shows. Next time, I will book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

In my travels, I have stayed at many different kinds of hotels, some good and some not so much. Sleep Inn's in general I avoid due to a bad experience we had a number of years ago. In addition, they tend to be "trucker" kinds of hotels where you wouldn't want to take a family. In this case we had limited choices so was very wary of the place going in. This hotel was not only very clean and well kept, the staff was EXCELLENT! The breakfast area was also well kept and food in general was just fine. Not only would I stay here again with family but I'd recommend it to anyone who asked. Really, a very nice experience overall. Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wife and stayed in Washington to spend a night away. Check-in easy and fast. Front desk personnel were friendly and informative. Room was clean. We received exactly what we expected from a Choice Hotel. Thank you again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Appeared to be fairly new hotel, nice room, clean, nice staff, sufficient breakfast in AM. Would recommend it. Nice downtown also. A block of rooms was booked for a reunion for us. Only thing I noticed on my bill was charged to use safe -I have never had that occur before at any hotel-that is usually a perk of having a safe in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
East Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had recently booked a block of rooms here for my wedding guests. As part of the deal, the sleep inn was to provide a shuttle bus on my wedding night, which I was to further pay for each trip so everyone could be safe. The sleep inn ended up backing out of our verbal agreement to provide bus shuttle service. My drunk guests were left without a ride back to the hotel. Management for this hotel did not care that we were left without a ride. But I bet they enjoyed the high rates my guests forked out. GEE THANKS SLEEP INN WASHINGTON IL.!!! I will be reporting your business practice to the BBB. This hotel is NOT worth $100/night.

Room Tip: If your going to pay $100, go to the Par-a-dice casino instead.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lutz FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our abundant thanks to Jen. The hotel was booked solid, so during the reservation process we asked that they let us know if a king suite became available. It did--while we were in the airplane. By the time we landed and called Jen, it was gone. When we arrived at the hotel, Jen worked her magic--not only did we get a king suite but we also got a jacuzzi, for the same price. She surely knows how to make a couple feel wonderful, especially (as we told her later) when we were in the area to attend my aunt's funeral. What a blessing. We were there last February for the same type reason and nothing had changed-it was all great.
It may be a small thing-but I love having the opportunity to get coffee or tea any time I want to without having to make it myself. Pampered. Breakfast was widely varied--the usual plus hot items- waffles, egg rounds, sausage, and sausage and gravy. Hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit too. I missed having a microwave handy to quickly zap the pastries. The attendant was incredible--we never ran out of anything. Tables were cleaned and shined. Food areas kept cleaned. Same could be said for our rooms as we stayed two days. The Front Desk was always happy to say hi. This is better than being home!
We went next door to Gracie's for incredible sandwiches -ribeye was delicious. They also have a varied menu from burgers to pizza to meals. The place is hopping in the evening. We also recommend Cummins Restaurant on the main drag about a mile or so away... lots of good comfort food there. Nearby, by car (1-2 miles), is also a shopping center with Krogers, gas and even Good Will if you left something out of the luggage you now need!
This time around in room 101 we had no issue with surrounding noise. Fortunately there is the usual a/c-heat unit with a nice ambient noise should you need it... not loud and intrusive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant here. Rooms were nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Only downside wad no fridge in the room. Management was very courteous and accomidating. I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!