“Best Chicago Style Deep Dish in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Pizza
Peoria, Illinois
“Best Chicago Style Deep Dish in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am a huge fan of Chicago Deep Dish pizza from Giordano's to Gino's East to Lou Malanati's and have been surprised and disappointed for years that you just can't seem to find a decent Chicago style (sauce on the top) deep dish pizza in Central Illinois. It seems that being this close it should not be that hard. I have tried many places to find that either it isn't what I was looking for or is of a much less quality here. So I was happily surprised when I gave Gracie's a try about a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed their Chicago style deep dish. It is by far the closest I have found in Central Illinois to the real deal. While I have to admit I still prefer the Chicago institutions I mentioned above more than Gracie's, it is still a very quality pizza. Since then I have been back five or six times and have left a satisfied customer each and every time. Lately I have tried a few other items and while they did not beat the deep dish in my mind I really enjoyed them. My next favorite is their BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

Other things that I like about Gracie's is that there are always sports on and most seats have a very nice view of a nearby TV. It also always seems to have a nice sized crowd and the drinks are reasonably priced.

A few other things to mention, is that although it did not bother me, my friend thought the pizza had too much of a (basil I think it was) flavor to the deep dish sauce so he always asks them to use their other pizza sauce and they have happily accommodated this request. Also, the place is usually quite noisy so if that is something that will bother you, you may want to look elsewhere. The Chicago deep dish pizza is not necessarily inexpensively priced as compared to a normal pizza
but that is standard anywhere you go I have found and so I think it is very reasonable for the product.

Overall, I find Gracie's a very quality restaurant for the area and look forward to visiting it in the future.

Visited June 2013

seg82
“Good for a Local Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Gracie's is good if you don't want to head into Peoria, but there's nothing that makes me want to go on a regular basis. The pizza is decent, but the sausage lacked flavor. Everything else is pretty typical bar food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Danville, Indiana
“Good Local Sportsbar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in town for a retreat and ate dinner here as part of a large group. The food was very good. I had the pulled port sandwich which was very tasty and a large size. Several of my friends had speciality salads which were absolutely huge and looked delicious.

Because of the quality of food, I had lunch there with family during my stay in town.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Enjoyable sports bar atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I/we have eaten here a number of times, while staying at the very nice Sleep Inn next door. Food has always been excellent - can't go wrong with ordering one of the "award winning" items from the menu. Don't expect quiet, or being able to hear the TV you happen to be watching, as it is a sports bar!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central IL
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good food! We live here in town and go here all the time. It occurred to me it was about time I reviewed it. The pig wings are wonderful. The pizza is also very good. But if you're a carnivore, like me, you'll really love the Italian Beef or the BBQ brisket sandwich. *drool* The BBQ in particular is fantastic. Get it with sweet potato fries.

This place has a little something for everyone as well as a well-stocked bar. Our favorite spot in town.

• Visited January 2013