“Average stay at SpringHill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Average stay at SpringHill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Springhill Suites are great travel hotels for families. The Springhill Naperville/Warrenville was no different than most Springhills except that right now, the hotel is undergoing a lobby renovation which has created some inconveniences. When I booked my reservation 2-3 months earlier, I don't recall seeing any notice about construction work, but maybe I didn't catch that. In general, the construction wasn't an inconvenience, but I think the hotel was a little substandard for what I would normally expect from a Springhill.

Currently, the entry is not currently through the front door but through one of the back doors, and the cafe/lobby is non-existent at the moment. The complimentary breakfast is served in a meeting room with plenty of tables and chairs...functional, but not the most inviting. Eventually, this construction will be complete and it won't matter.

But, I think the one disappointment for me was that the room furniture (sofa, chairs, and table) were showing age. The odd feature about my room is that the vanity/sink was outside the bathroom, and anyone that would need to use the bathroom sink at night would turn on the light and really illuminate the bedroom, distrubing guests sleeping in the room. The vanity bulb wattage was really too high being that it was opposite the two queen beds. That being said, it may be that the rooms are due for a renovation or redecoration, too.

I may consider staying here in the future once the lobby renovations are complete--especially if the rate is right.

Room Tip: The executive suite has a 4-chair dining table and a little extra room than the standard studio suit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SpringhillWRNVL_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dale,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am glad to hear that the construction in the lobby did not disturb you on your trip - that has been an important focus to the team here and they will be glad to hear they are succeeding in their goals.

I would like to let you know that the lobby and main entrance should be opened sometime at the end of this week or over the weekend at the latest according to what my construction crew is telling me. So starting next week, all of our guests will be able to enjoy breakfast (and the front desk) back in its normal place with a new look as well!

In regards to your comments about the guest rooms; most Springhill Suites hotels are arranged so the vanity is seperate from the bathroom so you will encounter this in many hotels from the Springhill brand (though some of the new Springhills built in the last 2-3 years have a combined bathroom/vanity). You are also right in assessing that our rooms will be renovated soon as well - we hope to get started on those in the middle of february at the latest. During the renovations we are changing the vanity fixture to something a little more modern - I don't know if it will address your concern about the lighting, but I am certainly looking into it.

I would like to personally invite you back sometime this summer to see our newly renovated hotel - the bathroom layout will be the same, however you can experience our new lobby and breakfast area as well as the new furniture and decor in our guest rooms. I would be interested to hear what you think of our improvements.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the property when you are ready to schedule your next trip to the Warrenville area.

Jessica Muzzupappa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean, the rooms large and comfortable. They paid attention to the level of the guest and i stayed with a number of colleagues. Everyone who had Hilton Honors levels got recognized at the desk and there was a gift (beer and cheese) in the fridge. The sales person who we booked the meeting with recognized the main people. Just great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spend last Saturday here arriving late as just a place to lay our heads for the evening with planned shopping at Chicago Premium Outlets the next morning. Check in easy and facility extremely clean. Hotel sits right off expressway but was so tired didn't notice any road noise.
Outlet mall was only 10 minutes away and dowtown Chicago took 50 minutes from the outlet mall.

Complimentary breakfast in the morning was just ok. Nothing special but was free.

Overall, I would certainly stay here again. The rooms were nothing special and the little dishwasher in the suite looked very dated so gave away the hotel age. However lobby was nicely decorated and updated. For a budget to moderate price it was perfect and safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SpringhillWRNVL_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that our hotel's cleanliness exceeded your expectations. I noticed that you did not seem to enthusiastic about our breakfast offerings. We are always looking to improve our breakfast to meet the needs of our guests. Can you please let me know if there was something you would like to see added or changed? What would make our breakfast great? I also noticed that you mentioned the rooms seemed a little dated - we are actually about to undergo renovations at the hotel shortly. I would love to invite you back to see our updated look when we are finished with the guest rooms this coming Spring!
Thank you for choosing the Springhill and for your valuable feedback.

Wilton, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have come to expect this at most Marriott properties. I got a good rate and the place was new. It's junk, noisy and not clean. Hilton properties are far superior. I should have paid the 19 more a night for the Hilton garden inn down the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike -

I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience at our hotel. From your review it is hard for me to tell what you were unhappy about. You mention that the hotel was noisy and unclean and I would like to be able to resolve these issues for further guests. Can you please elaborate on the issues you experienced? I am disappointed to hear you say your room was not clean because as you can tell from reviews of our hotel, that is not typical - and if this is an issue I would like to resolve it immediately. You can email me directly at wrn@fhginc.com. I am looking forward to your response.

General Manger
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

It is a good and clean hotel. It is accessible to a lot of local offices. There are some good places for dining and entertainment close by. The breakfast options are good. Accessibility to O-Hare is also not bad. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Vinod -

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. The staff works very hard for and has a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and they were happy to see it was up to your standards! We hope you stay with us again if you have occasion to visit the area. Thank you for your feedback.

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Unfortunately this is our first negative review placed on Trip Advisor, however had to do it with our bad experience. We had reservations for September 1 and September 2 for this hotel. My wife and I and three daughters were tourists in the "Windy City area" for Labor Day weekend. We knew on Saturday afternoon that we would arrive very late at the hotel as we were downtown shopping and were attending the "Blue Man Group" show at 10:00pm on Sat eve(which I will give a review of next, great show!), so we called the hotel to make sure everything was good and asked for extra towels, everything was assured to be ok for a 12:30am arrival for our two beds with the hide-a-bed sofa for the 5th person.

We arrived at about 12:30am and the nice young man at the front desk let us know that they had overbooked and all that was left was a room with one king bed and the hide-a-bed, and he had no record of the afternoon phone call. Obviously we were not happy campers, we were offered to go down the street to the Hampton Inn with two beds, still defeating the purpose of choosing the room with two beds and the hideabed, this obviously was not a viable option. The young man then offered to comp the room as it was their mistake, very nice gesture, we then asked for additional blankets and pillows to try to make the persons night on the floor a little better, he politely agreed and quickly brought them up to us.

I offered to be the one on the floor and it actually wasn't that bad if you are ok sleeping on the floor. I had a feeling the breakfast would be crowded since they were overbooked and boy was I right. At 8:30am the breakfast area was very chaotic! Wouldn't you assume that if you had a FULL hotel the night before, at a hotel where the breakfast was included, that you would bring in extra help and provide ample seating?? There was a meeting room open for additional seating, however it only had very limited chairs, when we asked if some additional chairs could be brought out the reply was "Oh, we can not take meeting chairs into the breakfast area". We debated and finally a "few" additonal chairs were brought out. The food was not kept quickly refreshed so with the very large crowd anything that was put out was quickly gone and there was a wait for even bagels or fruit??

I applaud the young man who checked us in, wish I could remember his name, who was told by us that it was not his fault but he got the worst of the complaint. Did not want to take the time to talk to anyone else at the property and am very thankful for Trip Advisor to vent to fellow travellers!! We did not stay the second night and do not know what they would have offered to us, if anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dan -

I am sorry it has taken me a while to respond to your review. I am disheartened to hear you had such a negative experience during your stay. I do wish I was able to speak to you before you left so I could have resolved the issues you had.
To address your comments specifically: I have reviewed our communication procedures and habits with the staff to ensure that guest calls and requests are logged and tracked properly. I appreciate your patience with the front desk staff that delivered the bad news to you and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen in the future. I have also discussed staffing levels and breakfast overflow with the hotel team to ensure that adequate seating is available. I understand how frustrating an overcrowded breakfast area can be, and have made sure we have enough seating for everyone.
I would like to discuss any other issues you experienced at the hotel to make sure they are addressed and would also like to invite you back to stay with us again to see that these issues have been resolved. Please feel free to contact me directly at WRN@fhginc.com.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed one night (July 27, 2012). The staff at this hotel are very friendly. This was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites and I was not impressed. The room was a dissapointment as it was a suite and was super small. The bathroom sink is in front of the bed. The bathroom (toilet/tub) is tiny. The black coffee cup was dirty inside AND the sheets did not fit the bed as the corners kept coming up so your body (legs/feet & hands as my hands were underneath my pillow) was on the actual mattress pad. It was horrible fighting sheets all night long. Due to the uncleanliness and the sheets, I've rated a poor as this is not something you expect from the Marriott brand. I asked for a late checkout and did not use it; instead I left early.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville

Address: 4305 Weaver Parkway, Warrenville, IL 60555
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Warrenville
#2 Business Hotel in Warrenville
#3 Family Hotel in Warrenville
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Chicago Naperville / Warrenville Hotel Warrenville
Springhill Suites Warrenville

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Naperville / Warrenville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.