“Too Many Aromas in the Halls” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Warrenville
Jackson, Michigan
“Too Many Aromas in the Halls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Tried this for two nights and the smells in the halls from everyone's cooking just are overwhelming. And, it's noisy in the rooms. You hear every footstep and every footstep. The rooms are comfortable and very clean--and if the noise and odors bdon't bother you, you'd be OK.

Room Tip: Top floor!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear ToughOlBird,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by the smell in the hallways and the noise challenges you have encountered.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed three days during the Memorial Day weekend while visiting family in the area. As others have mentioned the hotel is in a relatively quiet location. If you are a runner or walker Herrick Lake Forest Preserve (1/4 mile away) and the Illinois Prairie Path (about 1 mile away) offer opportunities for a workout without battling vehicle traffic.
Hotel staff was very friendly.
The rooms were remodeled in 2010 and offered an excellent layout for your suitcases and computer equipment. Internet service was OK but one day I had to get a router from the front desk which helped immensly with the connectivity.
The water pressure in the shower and sinks was the highest I have ever experienced at a hotel. Be prepared for a "fire hose" shock in the shower! The drains handled the flow OK.
Air conditioning the room was confusing - never figured out whether the controls were at the wall unit or at the wall thermostat. The unit was noisy as well as the rerigerator which did effect our sleep. However, one big plus was that all windows open completely allowing fresh air into the room. This is unusual in most hotels which usually only allow an opening of a few inches.
The business center has only one PC which is not adequate for a property of this size.
Unloading/loading your vehicle is inconvenient; there is no dedicated drive or canopy at the front door.
The guest laundry had 5 washers and dryers; the washers had many options and best of all, a digital timer which showed how much time was left to complete your wash.
There is a variety of excellent restaurants less than a five minute drive away on Freedom Drive - White Chocolate Grill, Maggionio's and Morton's Steakhouse.
Prices for food incidentals such as milk and cereal were surprising competitive at their "Pantry" with the nearby Walgeen Drug Store (about 1/2 mile west of the hotel).

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms near the front desk - the guest laundry and the hotel laundry are located n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood60555, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mikejack52,

Thank you for leaving a review on your stay. We appreciate all feedback on our guests stays and it is great to read you had a good time while staying at the property. We strive to continuously improve our guests stays and we will use your feedback to do so. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.

Have a wonderful day,

Carlton,MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a year ago in May 2012 but it seems things have changed or I'm getting older and just don't remember. Anyway hotel has 3 floors did request main floor but not possible and they stated hotel booked so 2nd floot is where we stayed. For one thing couldn't get the heat to really warm up the room, finally realized had to turn to 81 then heated up room and shut it off for night. Fridge did run constantly for the night and I had turned it down to 1 and still came on and off thru out night. Room above us must've had lead feet as heard person tromp all around room constantly and their heater and fridge run off and on thru night. I did find out later on that they only do housekeeping once a week so no fresh towels or bed making. I gather this is kinda of a weekly stay hotel. I don't think we will stay again.

Room Tip: I don't think we will stay again and if you do choose too stay pick 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Candlewood60555, Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Lillian M,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments with other guests. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. We will make sure to share your feedback with other hotel employees so we can improve our service for future guests.

Nicole Ramos
Operation Manager
Road Warrior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spent a week here on a business trip, the hotel has a few issues but for the most part I enjoyed my stay.

This is an older "L" shaped Candlewood that appears to have recently undergone the interior renovation that was created by the graduate students at Savannah College of Art and Design. I really like the layout and design of these particular hotels, much better then some of the newer Candlewoods actually. It's a very comfortable and functional design.

All of the items in the room that were renovated were still in great shape, it's the old items that were not replaced that were the problems. For example the fridge was rather loud, the garbage disposal did not work, the sinks didn't drain well, the AC/Heating/Thermostat unit was hard to get the room at a comfortable temperature, etc. All of these items were part of the original design and had not been replaced though.

Those were the primary negatives though, everything else was great. The hotel is in a safe, nice, suburban area. It was really quiet at the hotel, never heard a peep from another guest in the halls or rooms making noise.

Internet worked great and was fast, speed tests showed 15Mbps upload and download speeds, you don't typically get upload speeds that fast in most hotels, a handful of hotels I have stayed in have had higher download speeds but not many and none ever had the upload speeds of this one. Internet is important in a business hotel and these guys don't skimp on it so kudos to them.

Cleanliness was great, had no issues in that department. Bed as with all Candllewoods was a Sealy Posteurpedic, mattress tag showed it was only about 5 years old and was still comfortable and had plenty of padding.

There is an open field in back of the hotel and apparently a skunk has taken up residence there so a couple of nights I was at the hotel the skunk sprayed in the middle of the night and stunk up the entire hotel. Not a big deal though, I'll take skunk smells over noisy neighbors any day....lol.

All in all I enjoyed this hotel and will return from now on anytime I'm in the Chicago area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood60555, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear AlCzervik1,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. Thank you for the very kind review and we look forward to having you back soon! We are glad you like the renovated rooms as much as we do!

Have a wonderful week!

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this location on the first night of our Chicago weekend trip. We were delighted with the property!

We were there over the weekend, so the business area around the hotel was not busy. We went out to eat, so we did not take advantage of the *store* in the hotel. It did take us a little while to drive to a restaurant.

We were only there one night, so did not use the kitchen facilities in our suite, nor did we use the laundry or work-out room. I've almost come to expect the breakfast in the morning (staying with my husband using other chain hotels), so I did miss having that already prepared...but that was a minor consideration.

We found the suite to have a lot of roominess, and liked the lay-out of our suite. It was clean, and decorated nicely.

We found the front desk to be cheerful and helpful...no problems encountered there at all...check-in AND check-out!

I would stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood60555, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear, Kathleen Rene,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your review of our hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

good hotel..
Nice staff/reception..

Its been a week im here and will be here for couple of months..

Best thing is kitchenette with Steel ware which helps travelers prepare food...
Convenience store: not much of my use as I eat Indian Veg food, but really handy for some beverages, washing powder...

Laundry is FREE... Awesome.. Sometimes problem is people dont remove the clothes. but thats about people staying..

Free DVD rentals.. not a great selection as per my choice but not bad too.. Good variety..

I have rated it as Average as per my 1 week stay I will edit + / - as my stay continues..

One point to improve would be to provide a basic start up kit in winter which includes Winter Cream/ Body lotion that would help.. If not in Convenience Store.. and complimentary Breakfast... some basic stuff like muffins / juice may be..

Will be back to edit later..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood60555, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Warrenville, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Niranjandandekar,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I hope you enjoy your stay with us and please feel free to contact me if you need anything during your stay.

Best Regards,

Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I Book These Getaways on the Fly. As stated in my reviews, My main priority in Hotel Stays is SLEEP. Everything else (Amenities) is bonus or what Star Rating I choose based on My budget. Oh Man did I hit the Jackpot with this 7 day stay (3.5 rating). I've never heard of this place and didn't know its affiliation to the others. I now have Member Rewards with every Hotel I've traveled to within the last 3 months and it is totally beneficial :) From the moment I walked in, checked in, and surveyed the site, it was, "Simpilicity with Bang". Everything in terms of amenities is what I payed for and even better! This is a first; Do it Yourself Laundry is included (Just byod or purchase soap/detergent from hotel shop). Also included in My Room is a Full-Size Fridge, Microwave, Stove, Dishes/Silverware (Awesome, cos I Can Cook!). Candlewood Suites Warrenville is Totally Awesome to Me in terms of Location, Amenities, Service/Staff (Jay) and Value!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Warrenville? Share your experiences!