“food was extremely spicy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Warrenville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Masala Fine Indian Cuisine offers palette pleasing authentic Indian dishes to the western suburbs of Chicago. Masala's atmosphere is open and inviting. Our staff is friendly, knowledgeable and quick to offer you the necessary accommodations. Masala caters to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Masala is located just off of I-88 and across the street from the Cantera Regal Movie Theatre in Warrenville, IL. Join us today for a truly vibrant culinary experience, where spices come alive and new friends are made daily.
Lincoln, NE
“food was extremely spicy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

my family eats indian food a few times a month and we enjoy spicy food. This food, however, was ridiculous and we could barely eat it. The owner asked us if the food was too spicy and had we ever eaten indian food before and seemed surprised and was rather disdainful that we didn't enjoy our meal....

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Warrenville, Illinois
“Love the chicken tikka masala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love the chicken tikka masala at Masala! They also have a nice lunch buffet, with a pretty good variety of different Indian food options. I enjoy the butter chicken, and they have nice mango lassis. It's a lot of food, and not too expensive. Nice vegetable options, nice appetizers, many good dishes. I do wish the buffet had a little more labeling, at least something to indicate which are the spicier ones. I almost always end up getting a bite of something way too hot for me, and that can blow out my taste buds for the rest of the meal. As it is, though, because I'm never sure what I'll get, I usually end up trying small amounts of a lot of different things, and that's nice, too.

However, one criticism. I thought the biryani was significantly too hot- I've had many biryanis before, and this was really surprisingly hot and spicy, not in a good way. It brought tears to my father's eyes after one bite, the first time I took him to Masala, and now he refuses to go back there. He's been to India many times and says he never had a biryani like that. The manager was really apologetic, though, and they were really nice about it, didn't charge us for the biryani. I see different biryanis on the lunch buffet and pretty much always either avoid it, or regret not avoiding it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago Heights, Illinois
“Nice food service sucks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The food was good seems like a lady is in there looking at a laptop and cooking
Service is TERRIBLE they need a manager or someone upfront the owner is there
But always looks busy and hurried ..
IMPROVE. Service and THEYWILLCOME

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A group of us from out of town stopped in for lunch to check the place out and found out they had Indian food, buffet style, for only 15 dollars. Always being wary of buffets, I was happily surprised at how delicious the food was. To add the icing on the cake, seeing many of the local Indian population eating there told me that the food Woolf be good. I filled up one plate and there wasn't one bad thing I tried. The only warning I would give is to watch out for bones in some of the meat. I didn't know this and bit down on a bone pretty hard. You can't beat the price for lunch and looking forward to heading back there to check out the dinner menu.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Ordinary place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am an Indian, and have to say that the food is nothing great (it is an Indian restaurant). If you like spicy food you may perhaps like it. Owners are friendly and warm, but the staff does not seem to care.

Visited April 2013