“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rock Island, Illinois
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Easy access from tollways, very nice, clean, every room is a suite with kitchen, great value, free breakfast, pool and workout room, no hot tub. Paid about $114 for a night stay. Wi Fi was useless as it would connect but not download.

• Stayed June 2014
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but I was very sorry to read about your problems with the internet. We just recently upgraded our bandwidth here at the hotel, so it's disappointing hearing that you had problems. If you ever have the opportunity to stay with us in the future, and encounter the same problems please let us know as we have IT techs available 24hrs a day to help with any internet issues. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel was wonderful. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. It was a pleasant surprise to find they also had evening socials Monday through Wednesday with a complimentary meal and drinks. The hotel was clean and our room was very comfortable. We especially appreciated being able to leave our dog in a homelike environment while we attended a wedding. We only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you enjoyed the wedding and I'm glad you didn't have to worry about your pet while you away from the hotel. We hope to see you next time you are in the area! Thanks again!
Jefferson City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Got in late, bed swallowed me from exhaustion. The huge walk in shower revived me and a delicious omlet fed my soul. Toom was so comfortable i wanted to live there. Ceme here for solitude and exhale! I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that the hotel was able to help you get away from it all even if just for a couple of nights! We hope we can be of service to you again. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review! Take Care!
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been staying in this property for 5 nights; I have lodged in the small studio suite, equipped with the kitchenette. The room was adequate and very clean. The air conditioning system (as well as the heater) is quite noisy, but i have been lucky that the weather did not require it during nighttime. Rebecca (front desk) was very welcoming and friendly and helped out with a check-in issue i have encountered. The breakfast was a bit disappointing, in term of quality as well as choice. Despite not having used that, the hotel has also a free shuttle service to the local train station. I would recommend this hotel for a next stay.

Room Tip: Second floor has a good sleep quality, but higher floors would decrease the noise from lawnmower.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Feedback, such as yours, helps us identify areas for improvement and allows us to provide feedback to our associates on their service. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very happy to hear of your positive encounter with Rebecca at the front desk. I will make sure to pass your comments along to her. I'm sorry that our breakfast was lacking in your eyes. We have recenlty added a hot oatmeal staion and omelet station to our complimentary offering at the hotel and I hope you were able to take advantage of those. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is exceptional and the staff are wonderful. The rooms are modern and up to date with a comfortable king bed suite. We stayed there for a wedding in Naperville. Very nice area quaint little suberb. We took the train into the city. It was about 45 minutes one way. Overall it was a fun trip for everyone.

Room Tip: The king suite is very nice. It has a full kitchen and was well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy that we were able to help make your stay in the area a great one! I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our family travelled to Warrenville for medical treatment for our son. We looked at various hotels because we would be staying for 6 weeks. We were impressed with the tour given by the staff and we liked the layout of the rooms so we chose this hotel. Shortly before arrival, I received an email saying that due to our length of stay I would be a VIP member at the hotel. They offered a bottle of wine and a platter of food among other things upon check in because of this.

We arrived and checked in and I inquired about the wine and food and they mentioned that these items would be brought to our room the following day but only after informing us that they only had one of the three choices available at that hotel.

The next few days went by and I never received the wine or food. The first weekend of our stay I informed the front desk that we would be gone over the weekend so we did not want any housekeeping and e didn't want any food left in the room. Of course the food arrived while we were gone, without the wine, and it had completely spoiled. At that point I didn't even care about it anymore.

I also had something go missing from my room over the weekend so someone had been in to clean our room and had taken something from it.

They offered a nightly social with a good variety of appetizers but had such inadequate staff that unless you got there in the first fifteen minutes you didn't get what you wanted and it usually took at least a half hour for anything to get refilled. They also had a beverage station at the socail but it wasn't continuously staffed so you had to hunt down someone to help get you a drink. The breakfast was terrible when we first arrived but thwy must have had lots of complaints (we didn't complain) because it changed midway through our stay.

About two weeks into our stay I again asked about the bottle of wine and the girl working the front desk told me I would have to ask the manager. I asked to speak to the manager. She told me he wasn't in yet I saw him sitting at his desk in the office just around the corner. I explained this and she reluctantly got him. He did take care of the problem.

I also noticed we were being charged for a daily paper and I asked if we could opt out of this. I was told we could and we no longer received the paper. When we checked out there were charges for the paper for the entire stay even though we had opted out. I offered to pay for the charges for the first few weeks when we didn't realize we were being charged for the paper but they made us pay the entire amount even though we had not received the paper.

The housekeeping staff and staff at the buffet were friendly when they were there but the front desk woman was crabby and rude.

the one nice thing about the property was the room layout. It worked well for our family.

We also had several broken items in our room including the main deadbolt for our room and they would not fix these items. It was completely unsafe.

I would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Please know that your comments will be addressed and we will use your feedback to improve upon our service and amenities. If there is anything I can do to provide further assistance in regards to your stay please don't hesitate to reach out directly. I hope we will have the chance to make up for this experience next time you are in the area!
Lake Forest Park, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed for two nights during a visit to family. We got the hotel on priceline for about half of the normal cost, so I'd definitely suggest that you try there before paying full price. The room was clean although was showing some wear and tear. The shower was excellent! We had a king suite with plenty of room for both of us. The staff was extremely accommodating. We asked for a quiet room and he put us on the top floor in the far corner of the hotel, so it was very quiet. It is slightly off the beaten path, but its very close to I-88, so very easy from a travel standpoint. Lots of restaurants within a five minute drive. The hotel sits well off the road and backs up onto a quiet residential area, so if you are looking for seclusion, you've got it. Overall, no complaints here other than normal wear and tear. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor in a corner.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm so glad the hotel met all of your needs and you found the staff to be accomodating to all your needs. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team here at the hotel. Please stop back and see us the next time your are traveling to the area. Thank you again!

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!