“not a good hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Chicago, Illinois
“not a good hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I spent 3 weeks at this property, and overall opinion wa snot good. I stayed at 2 different rooms,and both were not very clean, shower had mold. Shuttle was driver by a janitor who didn't know where to go and got lost several times and got me to work late. Mangement didn't care about my complaint, and after I complained someone keyed my car.I also reported this to management and they did not do anything about it. Bad experience, I would not recommend this property. The next door Hyatt Place appeared to be in a little better when I stayed there one night.

Room Tip: 5th floor is reserved for families. Could be loud. There is one plus: a grill outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review of our property. I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying, as our goal of course, is to not only meet all of our guests needs but to exceed them.
Feedback such as yours helps us to improve our service here at the hotel. With that in mind, many of your comments are concerning to me, and f you have the time I would really like to discuss further your stay with us and the problems you encountered. Please feel to reach out to me here at the hotel.
Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we get the opportunity to make up for the bad experience you recently had with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

It is like having your own little apartment for a night with beautiful granite, a full kitchen, and comfortable furniture. The staff is very accommodating. I will stay there each time that I stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that you enjoy staying with us while in the area, and hope we conitnue to stay with us in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, next time, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you again for the great comments!
Central Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been visiting this hotel at least once a month for the last six months as a business traveler. There are many other options available in the area, yet I will continue to stay here as my home away from home.

Everyone on staff is friendly and quick to say Hello! even when they are clearly busy. The convenience of the breakfast and social hour is great especially after a long day of travel or meetings when the last thing you want to do is go out again in crazy winter weather!

Rooms are older and could use some minor refreshing but they are clean and have all the amenities I need (and then some). Having a full-size refrigerator and kitchenette is wonderful if you want to keep costs down (or calories) and stay in for your meals.

There are always families here and it makes me smile to see the children greeted just as nicely as the adults by the fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be warmer in the winter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad that our staff has really made our hotel a home away from home for you! I will make sure to share all of your comments with our staff here! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiene here on tripadvisor! Hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had a very nice experience. The hotel front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. Full size fridge, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave. I needed a razor, which they had a small market with convenience items. But for the hotel rate, I would have imagined a razor would have been complimentary. I had to pay for it. I was happy they had it. But I have never had to pay for that kind of item.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad the accomodations and service helped make your trip to the area a good one! I will make sure to share your comments with our team! We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Take care.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Reasonably priced and less than an hour's drive from the downtown. This was a great place to stay when I took family over to the Chicago area. Nice clean room with a kitchen and a beautiful property overall.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I'm glad we were able to assist you in having a great family weekend spent exploring the city! Thank you also ,for the nice words regarding the property! I hope that on your next visit to the city we can be your home base again. Please let us know if you would like any suggestions for things to do downtown. Have a great Holiday Season!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel was extremely busy the night of out stay and the hotel was short staffed at the desk. The attendant remained calm. courteous and friendly through each person. The rooms were very clean and accommodations were fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to give such a positive review of our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us and enjoyed time together with friends. I hope we can be of assistance again in the near future!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived after 9pm and were greeted with enthusiasm by the front desk staff and the evening security guard. The room was very comfortable and clean. We did not use the kitchen but it was more than adequately stocked to prepare a meal. The location is super convenient to the tollway and several major streets. There are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. It was a very pleasant stay for a reasonable rate. The only suggestion for our room (119??) was to replace a missing kitchen under cabinet bulb and recaulk around the sprinkler in the bathroom because it was hanging down from the ceiling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark-Schalla, General Manager at HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I'm glad you found the property was convienient for you and met your needs! I will be sure to share your positive comments about the staff to the entire team here and thank you for the information regarding your room issues. We will have those taken care of! Hope tosee you again soon!

Been to HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!