“Property mostly matches the promises” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
AAA Summer Savings
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
New Jersey
“Property mostly matches the promises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The new style Hyatt Place rooms are in the Naperville / Warrenville location. Everything was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good (and included). Nice outdoor space to eat. Fitness room was adequate. Friendly lobby personnel are tasked with checking people in and staffing a bar and so there was a little wait and confusion over "who's next." I was disappointed when I first walked into my room due to the musty smell. I called the front desk and asked if I could switch ("no, last room") and if they were aware of the issue. They said they were and asked if I wanted someone to come to spray a deoderizer. I declined. My message to Hyatt (on their survey) was that I would have expected this to happen before I checked in!

Room Tip: Choose the top floor, you can hear your upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was disappointing to hear you experienced some shortcomings during your stay, but I certainly appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Thank you again for helping us create an even better guest experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Adrian, Michigan
1,306 reviews 1,306 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to our morning appointment and the fact that it offered a reasonable price. It is located near I-88 right next to its sister hotel, the Hyatt House. The hotels are similarly constructed and both look relatively new from the outside. The interior of this hotel was quite nice as there was a comfortable sitting area that was smartly decorated. It was very comfortable and inviting. The check-in desk was not a traditional design as it was more of a check-in pod or check-in station. The option also exists to use a kiosk to check in or check out, which is an interesting concept. We were checked in efficiently in person, however. I found our room to be very nice, with a sitting area by the door and the bedroom area in the back separated by a partial half wall. The flat-screen TV was situated between the rooms so that we could sit on the couch with a good view or watch from the beds. The room was very clean and more than adequately spacious. The inclusive morning breakfast was pretty good though I would have hoped for a few more choices. However, one unusual and much appreciated item was a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. There was also juice, coffee, tea, cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt and bread. The rate for this hotel was very fair making it an excellent value. I would highly recommend giving this place a try if you are in the area and need a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and make note of all the hotels great features! We are very proud of our new hotels in Warrenville and love to create loyal guests to our hotels! Thanks again!
Gilmer, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband had a stroke a year ago while in Naperville IL. His home away from home was the Hyatt Place in Naperville. He was in the hospital for 2 months. While there the staff at Hyatt House generously allowed family to stay at a reduced rate making a difficult time easier. Some of the staff even came to visit Tom in the hospital. Last week we returned to Naperville and again stayed at Hyatt house. We were welcomed with open arms. It was just like coming home. Thank you to all the wonderful people at Hyatt Place that made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review Laura! It is always great to see you and Tom! Hope all is well and we would love to see you both again soon! Thank you!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Traveled to Chicago for a family graduation - spent 4 days there. My husband got a deal online finding it midway between the family and the train station. This place was fabulous. We had a one bed suite (I think they are all suites) with a full kitchen, living room area, king bed.
I kept saying this place must be new, because everything looked so upgraded (granite counters, full fridge, nicely decorated).
Morning breakfast was busy but still really good = the usual cereal, fruit but also pastry, eggs, sausage, bacon (depending on the day). Beautiful outside barbecue area with patio tables and umbrellas. Large electric fire place where we sat and had a glass of wine one nite.
Pool was great too but way too many kids, get there early I guess.
It's too bad this place is out in the suburbs and not in downtown Chicago. oh well, definitely our place for future visits.
Also, they take dogs under 50 pounds; was weird seeing people check in with them.

Room Tip: Overall the hotel was quiet, our room overlooked the patio area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the fantastic review! It was great to hear you had such a wonderful time!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arriving, the staff at the registration desk were very friendly. The check-in process was very quick. The room was very attractive and the furnishings looked new. Everything in the room was also very clean. However, the room had a distinct musky odor. I asked the front desk to send someone up to spray some air freshener. They obliged very quickly and whatever they sprayed masked the smell for the next several hours. However by early morning the smell had returned. The smell was faint, but reminiscent of dirty wet socks. My fifth floor room was extremely quiet until about the last hour of my stay. Around 7 AM the decorative partition that separates the sleeping area from the rest of the room started vibrating quite loudly. I am not sure, but I think this may have been due to the fact that my room was next door to the laundry facility. Since I was already packing to go, it really didn't tarnish the quality of my stay, but I'm sure if I had been asleep at 7 AM (as many people are on a Saturday morning) the vibrating would have made for a rude awakening. The breakfast fare wasn't anything to get excited about, but the dining area was clean and pleasant. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. Since I only used the room for a few hours sleep, the smell and the vibrating partition weren't problematic for me, but these issues might concern me if I were considering this hotel for more of a relaxed stay.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet, but you might want to avoid rooms next to laundry facilities.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for your very thorough review and the suggestions. Your feedback is extremely valued and will certainly improve on our guest experience in the future. Thank you for your business!
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am a long-time fan of the Marriott brand and my default choice is always the Spring Hill Suites, when staying for more than an night or two and not wanting to spend all my budget on the hotel. By fluke, I stayed at a Hyatt Place near Louisville and found it to be very unexpected. When a trip to Chicago demanded my three-night stay, I tried the Hyatt Place (Naperville/Chicago/Lombard) and being a hospitality professional, I'm not easily impressed. This specific property and staff were very impressive!

We arrived late and were greeted by two associates who actually seemed happy to see us and take care of our needs. Extra pillows? No problem. Lower floor? Sure, we can do that. Did we need a wake up call? Not on your life, but thank you. Mind you, all of these tasks were performed, almost covertly, as the associate checked us in, produced keys, showed us the bar, 24/7 food options and kitchen - only after to personally walk us to the elevator, press the button, hand us our keys and wish us a good night.

What the heck was that? I've never experienced such a fantastic level of customer engagement and service. Congratulations, Hyatt Place you have made me look away from my formerly-favorite Marriott. The Hyatt Place is two-for-two, in my recent stays - so I'm feeling that the Hyatt culture is becoming more tech savvy, focused directly on the human interaction (as so many have strayed from) and the properties are downright funky/hipsterish.

The room is sleek and modern with a boutique hotel vibe. The colors and furnishings are comfortable and relaxing. My only suggestion? Don't mount the converter box to the back of the tv. That way, the tv can be turned more effectively towards either the sitting or sleeping area. I realize this is most likely a corporate standard and way to make sure it doesn't disappear. Also, if there are four large bath towels in the shower area, please make sure to have housekeeping return four when refreshing the room. See...just two tiny suggestions because the room was a fantastic value, of uncompromising quality and really made us feel like we were on vacation! By the way...in this specific location, visitors are surrounded by many of the areas lakes and preserves - all with easy access to highways to take you anywhere you need to be.

Congratulations to the Hyatt Place! We will be back. Sorry, Marriott!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel for a lovely lake view! Parking around back is safe/se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I couldn't have written a better review myself! Thank you for the excellent compliments and suggestion. We certainly appreciate your business and would love to continue to impress you in your future stays! Thanks again!
Villa Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

For my birthday my boyfriend and I stayed at Hyatt. We wanted to do the river walk in Naperville, and this hotel was super close! It was a short drive. In addition to that, its near restaurants and shopping. I was obsessed with the rooms. They were beautiful! I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It was very nice to see that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and you had a great birthday celebration! Make sure to come back and see us every year!

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!