“Lovely stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Villa Park, Illinois
“Lovely stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

For my birthday my boyfriend and I stayed at Hyatt. We wanted to do the river walk in Naperville, and this hotel was super close! It was a short drive. In addition to that, its near restaurants and shopping. I was obsessed with the rooms. They were beautiful! I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
It was very nice to see that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and you had a great birthday celebration! Make sure to come back and see us every year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chesterfield, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just got back from a soccer tournament in Naperville, IL. The tournament director recommended the Hyatt Place and House for our team to stay. We booked at the Hyatt Place and had a great stay. The hotel is very clean and modern. They have a wonderful bar and breakfast area as well as great snacks for purchase. The rooms are very large, we stayed in double room and it had a large sofa in it as well. The only issue I had was that they did not come until close to 5:00 p.m. to clean our room and by that time, we were getting ready to head for dinner and I didn't want anyone else coming in. From what I heard, that did not happen to the others in our party so I think it was just an isolated incident. The staff was very friendly. They have a great workout area and pool that accommodated all of our boys. Should we return to the area I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the excellent review! We were all happy to hear you all had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you back for the next soccer tournament! Thanks again!
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Until recently I had never heard of Hyatt Place properties. On a recent business trip I had my first experience with the property and was wonderfully surprised. There is a hip vibe here that was a refreshing change from a long list of very basic properties. The decor is very vibrant, and the studio style room was both functional and fun. The complimentary breakfasts also has their own flair,with unique heated items available. I had a spinach, mushroom and egg croissant. Add in very friendly staff, a more than reasonable nightly rate and it was all in all a very pleasant stay. I have definitely added Hyatt Place properties to the top of my list of properties to stay at on future business and personal stays. Highly encourage you to try one if you haven't already,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for the review! We really like the idea of being considered 'hip' and moving to the top of your preferred hotels to stay! Thank you for your outstanding review!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really liked the rooms in this hotel, modern, well appointed, spacious and clean. Things I didn't like so much were (a) location (b) food service. The hotel is wedged between a highway, a few office buildings and a sprawling residential area. I can't say this is unusual, but there is nothing useful or interesting within walking distance, you definitely need a car for anything you might need. And after a long day of work, if you don't feel like driving, you'd be stuck at the hotel with its limited dining options. The "Gallery" cafe downstairs is just not a good value. They have basic sandwiches, salad and soup, and pizzas. That will do in a pinch, but the prices are rather steep for what you get. I ordered a bowl of soup and was simply amazed by the microscopic size of the "bowl", which looks like a small dish for dipping sauce. For $7.25, I did have the right to expect something a lot more substantial, the portion size they have won't be enough for a small child. Sandwiches are the same way, for $11 you get a modest size and pretty basic fare. I wish they would upgrade their food service to match the price, or make the food more affordable.

On the first night of my stay I had a room on the 5th floor, and apparently there is a large A/C unit installed on the roof, which switches on and off periodically. The noise level was substantial, and there was even some vibration you could feel. I changed the room first thing in the morning, and the personnel were very nice and apologetic about the problem. I hope they'll get it fixed, because I know that other travelers were affected as well.

The exercise room is serviceable, and so is the swimming pool. Unfortunately, there were no clean towels at the pool side when I arrived, a small oversight I supposed.

All in all, it's a pretty nice place, but as I stated above, has a few shortcomings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We certainly appreciate your feedback and suggestions to improve our services to the best interest of our guests! Thank you again for your business!
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first say at a Hyatt Place hotel. I've been Marriott Platinum for 10 years straight and at the end of last year decided that Marriott Rewards was going downhill. Did a challenge to get Hyatt Diamond status. Have been staying at Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, etc hotels; however, this was my first time at a Hyatt Place hotel. Well - far superior to Marriott Courtyard in my opinion.

Breakfast is free (which it isn't at Courtyard)
Rooms are a lot bigger
24 hour kitchen (hot food, soups, etc)

Check-in was very good... my only suggestion is that there is no sign saying "Reception". As you first go in there are two computers straight ahead - I thought that was reception (but it was guest workstations). Where reception was - I thought that was just part of the Gallery food area... I don't think this would normally be a problem except the front desk clerk had stepped away for a minute...

Anyway - once he was back check-in was excellent. Great service.

Room was great - Same bed as the Hyatt Regency hotels, etc. Lots of room - living area, office area and sleeping area. Tons of room. Only complaint was the bathroom - light bulbs they use are not at all bright.

Breakfast was actually really good (and free). Internet was fast. Room was quiet.

Check-out was friendly and fast.

Will stay here again for sure when in the area... actually just checked in at another Hyatt Place in Austin, TX and it's just as great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for the glowing review! As I am sure you are aware, we try very hard to set ourselves apart from and above the competition. We love all the amenities we are able to offer our guests like larger suite like rooms and a fantastic complimentary breakfast. Your comments were shared with the team! Thank you again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here 1 night in January, had business with a company next door. Standard Hyatt Place, staff was very friendly and helpful. Got in late and they had decent food there too. Only issue was the heat/AC unit was very loud and right next to the bed. I didn't have it running most of the time thankfully as it was a warm evening for January. But it was a bit noisy when it was running. Otherwise a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! It was great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our 24/7 food and beverage options. Thank you for your feedback in regards to the room temperature as well. We are always looking for ways to improve our great hotel! Hopefully we see you back in Warrenville soon!
Chesterton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a great surprise upon check in. Large comfortable suite with more surprises. Large tv with all the channels, big bathroom and comfortable bed with all the amenities of home. This is a great stay for longer or even a one-nighter. Welcome drink and breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
What a great title! We love it! Thank you for the outstanding review, we really strive to receive feedback like this everyday. It is great to be able to provide all the amenities and services we do to our guests to make them as comfortable as possible while away from home. 'Business made comfortable' that's great!!!

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!