“No complaints - I'll be back.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 106 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Japanese
Marengo, Illinois
“No complaints - I'll be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Ordered the "Seasons Bento Sashimi" (8 pc California Roll, Smelt Eggs & Shrimp Tempura,
Edamame, Assorted Fish) with a green ice tea. It was delicious, reasonably priced and the service was quick and courteous. No complaints. I would definitely go back to Seasons of Japan.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mundelein, Illinois
“About As American as Japanese Food Gets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This branch of Seasons of Japan recently opened near my job. I decided to give them a go as I am slightly tired of the other food options in the vicinity. One of my coworkers had placed a phone order though them and was pleased. On my first attempt I was told they do not take phone orders, so I did not bother to go there to order. The following day another coworker was told they do take phone orders. This has been a recurring theme since they opened. Depending on who answers the phone at the time dictates whether you can place your order or not. I ended up just walking there today to carry out and my food was ready in about 7 minutes. I had the angus steak and teriyaki chicken entree with fried rice and a side of beef dumplings. The steak was decent, the chicken was almost mush, and the rice and dumplings were just bland. They also don't give you a lot of meat, about a cup total between the two types. They also put a pouch of "white sauce" in with my food. I read the ingredients which contain more preservatives than anything else, and what stuck out to me was ketchup. I don't know of any asian dishes that use ketchup. I didn't open it, but was told by another coworker that it is basically like thousand island dressing. All in all it is nothing to write home about.

• Visited April 2014