“not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
London
“not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was ok, I prefer the Mexican food in the UK to be honest. This place was fun and reasonably priced and service was good. I think I got free nachos.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Libertyville, Illinois, United States
“Good, quick Mexican food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Average food, average service and okay atmosphere. They do have a large enclosed porch area that is nice.

Visited August 2012
“Simply my favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Whenever you are feeling like Mexican this is the place that you would want to go. The food there is authentic, yet is still good quality and every dish bursts with different zesty, flavor. It's one of my favorite hometown restaurants and whenever we have family visit from out of town they always want to go here. Lots of choices to choose from that are all worth trying!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fast & Friendly Service, Great Food - What you expect from On the Border!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

PURPOSE OF TRAVEL: Business dinner

My colleagues (who do not have On the Border restaurants where they live) and I dined at the On the Border in Vernon Hills recently. The staff was attentive and friendly and we were seated quickly.

Each of us ordered a drink, queso as an appetizer, meal, and we shared desert. The drink specials are always great at On the Border but please keep in mind - NO DRINK SPECIALS ON WEEKENDS. Even without the specials, the Coronas and Margaritas were still delicious!

We each ordered a build your own meal - and we each picked different items, different rice and bean sides, but no one had anything that wasn't delicious.

MY FAVE: Chicken Empanadas & Chicken Soft Tacos

On The Border does have the BEST refried beans on the planet too, so if you've never had them, they are definitely AWESOME.

For the price, it's a great value. Our server kept our drinks fill and was polite through the meal. We had a great experience!

(My co-workers were excited to know after the meal, it was a chain and they could visit again, this time closer to home!)

Visited July 2012
Villa Hills, KY
“Not too good...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I really like OTB as a chain...in most locations. This location was very disappointng in all aspects. First, the service. Our server was simply not good. I don't have high standards for waiters/waitresses. Just bring me my food, and a refill. This guy could not even meet that standard though. We would have to ask two or three times for refill on soda and chips and salsa. Each time he came to the table it was an "Oh I'm sorry I forgot..." Now, again my standards are low, and I understand the challenges of the job. However, this was on a Monday at about 4:30 in the afternoon. In other words, we were pretty much the only ones in the place. when our food came, it just did not taste good. It tasted more like Taco Bell than your typical On the Border. I do not recommend visiting this particular location...unless you just want to drink.

Visited July 2012