“Wonderful Pulled Pork and More” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Wonderful Pulled Pork and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had discovered Real Urban Barbeque at a catered event and wanted to try the actual restaurant. I was not disappointed. I had the pulled pork with spicy sauce with a side of beans. The flavors were some of the best I have tasted in the barbeque arena. My guests had the BBQ turkey sandwich which was a very large portion and also received rave reviews. The place was bustling at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon which is another indication the food is pleasing all who visit. It was rainy, but would love to go back and try out the ample outdoor eating area. On the whole, great BBQ and fun atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“One Of Chicagoland's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Real Urban Barbeque clearly has some of the best ribs, chicken, and smoked brisket in the Chicago area.

They offer an excellent choice of sauces including specials like root beer barbeque sauce. Root beer barbeque sauce may sound strange but it was wonderful!

The selection of side dishes is wonderful and it's difficult to narrow down your choices because there are so many great options.

Be sure to try the burnt ends when they are available.

Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Tasty chicken and ribs, but so-so brisket”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went there for dinner with some friends tonight. The chicken was very tasty and moist, and the ribs were good as well. But I felt the brisket was a little too dry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we saw the sign for real urban barbecue we just had to try it. I've Included a few pictures.
Actually thought this place was really cool. You walk up to carving station and try to read the signs over head and then place your order. I ordered the BBQ Brisket sandwitch with sweet sauce and my wife ordered the pulled pork with sweet sauce. We also wanted to try the sides, ordering the sweet tatters, the golden corn bake , mac and cheese and scalloped tatters. The best of the lot was the sweet tatter souffle and golden corn bake. Quite good actually! I really think our sandwitches were great! The pork being the best. We shall try more offerings in the future.
Give this a try! Honest. And let us know what you think..
Gary

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grayslake, Illinois
“We LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hands down, the best BBQ in the area! RUB is a weekly dinner stop for our family now- we can't get enough! The portions are large - I always walk out of there feeling full! Usually get the mini burnt ends sandwich and a side. (Sometimes I get a regular sandwich and 2 sides to have leftovers for the next day!) Their prices are very reasonable and the food is delicious! They offer sweet or spicy sauce at the counter plus 4 sauces on the table and a monthly special sauce near the register. Their pickles are amazing - you must try them! I've never had a side I didn't like! My favorites are the mac 'n' cheese and bread pudding... to die for! HIGHLY recommend this place for lunch or dinner! Yum!

• Visited July 2013