“Very Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we saw the sign for real urban barbecue we just had to try it. I've Included a few pictures.
Actually thought this place was really cool. You walk up to carving station and try to read the signs over head and then place your order. I ordered the BBQ Brisket sandwitch with sweet sauce and my wife ordered the pulled pork with sweet sauce. We also wanted to try the sides, ordering the sweet tatters, the golden corn bake , mac and cheese and scalloped tatters. The best of the lot was the sweet tatter souffle and golden corn bake. Quite good actually! I really think our sandwitches were great! The pork being the best. We shall try more offerings in the future.
Give this a try! Honest. And let us know what you think..
Gary

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grayslake, Illinois
“We LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hands down, the best BBQ in the area! RUB is a weekly dinner stop for our family now- we can't get enough! The portions are large - I always walk out of there feeling full! Usually get the mini burnt ends sandwich and a side. (Sometimes I get a regular sandwich and 2 sides to have leftovers for the next day!) Their prices are very reasonable and the food is delicious! They offer sweet or spicy sauce at the counter plus 4 sauces on the table and a monthly special sauce near the register. Their pickles are amazing - you must try them! I've never had a side I didn't like! My favorites are the mac 'n' cheese and bread pudding... to die for! HIGHLY recommend this place for lunch or dinner! Yum!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waukegan, Illinois
“Just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My coworker ordered a salad and it came with a lady bug attached to the lettuce. I took it to the guy at the register and all he could say was eww. There was absolutely no apology or offer to make it right.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Best barbecue in the burbs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Love Real Urban! They brought real barbecue to the burbs. Great sauces, great menu! Perfect for picnics and back yard parties. Our favorites--all the meat. Ribs--get the Perfection treatment, rubbed with sauce. Their baked beans are the best I've ever had, hands down! Love the golden corn bake too!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cordova, Tennessee
“great assortment of BBQ tastes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I come from Memphis so Barbeque is king in my hometown. I am not a BBQ snob though and love to sample the different styles and tastes. That is the one thing I will say for this that separates them is they have variety of meats, sauces, flavors etc. I got a combo plate of Brisket and pulled pork. Pulled pork was better to me. But let me add it was very good. Great flavor and sauce. Many options for meats, sides etc. If in area this is great stop for unique presentation and style. Must stop if in area

• Visited June 2013