“What you want and expect in an HIE” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
“What you want and expect in an HIE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Friendly staff. Prompt check in. Clean rooms and common areas. Nothing spectacular, which is exactly what I hope for when traveling. I don't need anything special, just the basics done right. This fits the bill nicely.

I didn't get to try the breakfast, pool or fitness center. But, there was an evening reception with free food and drink. A nice touch.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
AlanRoss, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate your kind words and are glad you enjoyed it. We do our best to bring you what you expect and even exceed your expectations. Please come back and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I arrive on spec with no reservation and I was immediately treated with professionalism and courtesy

The rooms are huge with all the amenities which you would require

all areas were very clean and the breakfast was delicious

I would highly recommend

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AlanRoss, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We very much appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you again
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, of course, but I was very happy with the service, cleanliness, and location of the hotel. My husband and I needed a convenient place to stay for one night, and this hotel satisfactorily met our needs.

The staff happily accomodated our request to check in early. The continental breakfast was fully stocked, although there weren't many healthy options. The room was clean and comfortable, albeit a little bit small (we had the room with 1 King bed). The bathroom could use a bit of an update. The air conditioning worked very well, and the noise level in our room was at a minimum.

Next time I visit the Vernon Hills area, I will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that we met your expectations. Hopefully you'll give us a chance to exceed them.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Perfect for a business trip, room was great.

Lovely park across the road with a lake and fountain. Also within walking distance of the Westfield shopping mall and restaurants.

I didn't get to use the swimming pool or jacuzzi but they looked clean and inviting.

Only thing I didn't like was the breakfast... polystyrene plates and poor quality food.

Overall a great stay, I would definitely recommend it and will return when I am next in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AlanRoss, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. We're sorry if we didn't exceed your expectations.
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed in Holiday Inn for 2 weeks and the experience was very good.
They have very good breakfast, evening snacks and beer. In addition, they have daily house-keeping and a swimming pool as well as a gym with basic faclities. There is an Indian restaurant behind this and all facilities are just walking distance from this place. Really loved my stay at this place.
The only disadvantage is that they do not have a kitchen in the room, so a longer stay cannot be preferred.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms just adjacent to the car-parking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your kind words and are please that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for four nights and only found one issue which management needs to address. The bottom seat of the toilet in our room was loose and when brought to the attention of the front desk was told that all of these bottom seats in the rooms are the same. I hope Management fixes this problem for future guests.
With the three of us in the room and having to use the sofa bed, the desk area became unusable when the bed was pulled out. I don't see how that could be remedied, we just worked around it.

Other than that, the room, the beds were comfortable, there were enough towels and toiletries provided. The free breakfast was great, with many selections and plenty of room to sit.
In addition, there is a wonderful park with man made lakes across the street which we took advantage of to walk around. This hotel is off the main street but close enough to many shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the staying with us. We appreciate your kind comments. Please come back and see us again. We'll try to make your next stay even better
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband travels here on business and I come too. I love this hotel. Have been coming a few years and staff are like family. Rooms are mini-suites, lots of room for business or kids. Have microwave and fridge. The shuttle is great. Free parking and internet; also for the gals, HGTV! Wine in evening....free breakfast and tea/coffee all day! Perfect!

Room Tip: All rooms have same great amenities
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!