“Stranded for a night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   675 Woodlands Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Holland, Michigan
“Stranded for a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Unexpectedly we found ourselves at the Homestead Suites after a Sunday morning car breakdown on a nearby freeway. The local towing service recommended this hotel and took us straight there since the repair wasn't going to occur on a Sunday. There were 4 adults in our party and the hotel welcomed us with a nice King suite adjoined with a Queen suite. The full kitchen made staying there very comfortable. To top off the experience, at checkout the hotel discounted our stay by 50% due to our unfortunate car situation. Thank you very much Homestead Suites.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vernon Hills, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Best experience I have ever had at an extended stay. Beth and her staff served as a family away from home. They truly care for all of the tenents and go far beyond the extra mile. I would not hesitate to send my family to stay there. I know they would be taken care of!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The manager Beth is the most friendly and helpful person. Jessica at the front desk was extremely courteous making me feel right at home

Room Tip: If you like the sun, stay on the southside
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was very pleased with the Homestead Suites in Vernon Hills. I'm female and was traveling alone, and my first concern is always for safety. I felt very safe in this area. It's in a business complex, so not a lot of people are in the area without a reason for being there. I stayed there for five nights in March 2012, and my room was very nice. It wasn't brand new decor, but it was clean and comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. The view from my room was of the back side of the car wash at the gas station next door and of a church parking lot. The people at the front desk were very nice. Because the hotel doesn't include things like a swimming pool, the stay at Homestead Suites also included a free pass to the very fancy health club across the street, upon request. You had access to the classes, swimming pools, locker rooms, and lots of exercise equipment. I did my very first Zumba class there during my stay. Very fun! There was no breakfast included at this hotel, just coffee in the lobby. However, the room includes a kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, sink, and two stovetop burners, which really helped to keep down the cost of my trip. Also, because people tend to stay here for longer stretches, you do not get a daily visit from housekeeping unless you request it (and there may be a charge if you do). I'm perfectly capable of making my own bed and cleaning up after myself, so that works for me. I just booked another two-night stay at this hotel and look forward to another enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The elevator is located in the center of the hotel, and the stairways are at the ends of very long h...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of Homestead Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be delighted to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.
Mount Prospect, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband was working a contract job in Lincolnshire, so he, our toddler son and I stayed there from August to February. The rate that we were given was EXCELLENT! During the time that we were there, we stayed on every floor (our choice) and every room was clean and comfortable. I can't say enough about how helpful and accommodating the staff is. Since we have a toddler, I was ALWAYS doing laundry in the wee hours of the morning. But, I was always given top-notch hospitality from the staff. We also experienced something VERY unexpected during our stay there. My husband was rushed to a hospital one day and he had the vehicle and I didn't have a way for my son and I to go see him. Beth, the manager, drove us to the hospital, no questions asked. That is one of the MANY reasons that this place receives "nothing but good ratings from us."

Room Tip: The room that we had on the third floor was the largest and had the nicest TV (flat panel)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

The room was spacious, immaculately clean, and comfortably appointed. The front desk staff was very helpful. We had a very nice stay and will definitley stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

We had booked this hotel for 7 nights and requested a non-smoking room. While walking to our room the smell of smoke was extremely strong in the hall. Our room smelled like someone just put out a cigarette (there was an ash tray in the room). The room was not very clean and was very dated. One bed was overly soft w/no support and the other bed was about 4 inches higher and felt like it was concrete. When we called about the smoke we were told that the whole hotel is non-smoking then we inquired about the ash tray in the room. They then told us they could bring up an ionizer & let it run for an hour when we were leaving our room. We went downstairs to talk to the staff at the front desk about the smoke & condition of the room. They switched our room to another down the hall, and this one was cleaner but the remote didn't work at all. Both beds were very low to the floor and very soft - but we could deal with it. Later the first night a dog was barking in a room down the hall - I'd say by his low, howling tone it was a beagle-hound mix. The next morning we'd had enough of this depressing hotel and really didn't want to stay there for 6 more nights while vacationing. They have no food, the rooms are extermely dated, the TVs are awful, and the beds were horrible. Let's face it, even if the hotel is not great you should be able to sleep good in nice beds.
We found another hotel nearby (Hotel Indigo) and were happy to pay the extra for a very nice, clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Address: 675 Woodlands Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Suites Vernon Hills
Homestead Vernon Hills
Vernon Hills Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.