“I'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
MANHATTAN
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Tasty food at a reasonable, even inexpensive, price. Menu items were surprisingly varied, offering something for everyone. I was startled to find this jewel in such a small town. I would drive extra miles to eat here!!

Springfield, IL
“mmmmm, fried green tomatoes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

nice servers, good horseshoes, decent grilled chicken bacon ranch sandwich (only complaint was chicken was a little tough) but best of all, GREAT fried green tomatoes. yum!

Visited July 2012
Homer Glen, Illinois
“An unexpected surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Dinner was amazing, the filet with cognac sauce was delicious. Longboat shrimp with the flashed fried spinach is simply incredible, the bread baked in a flower pot is a real delight. The decor is quite simple, the food and service wonderful. Looking forward to dining there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“simply tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

When my husband and I travel we eat at local restaurants rather than chains. We drove 2 miles from our hotel off of the I 70 exit and were delighted with our dinner. The menu is limited but offers variety of meat, fish and poultry. My husband's coconut shrimp was flavorable, tender, deliscious, My lemon, almond chicken was light, smooth and tender. The flower pot bread was treat. The atmosphere casual, comfortable, pleseant. The Gallatin is a special. We will stop there again.
The hours are 5pm-9pm Tue-Sat.

• Visited May 2012
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to visit Vandalia, on a road trip. When we explored the local dining options, Gallatin Street Grille seemed like the best option. Whereas I cannot comment on other restaurants, we had a really wonderful meal. Everything, it seems, is home-made and of very high quality. The BBQed ribs are to die for, and the sauce is very tasty. The wine list is short, but of very good quality.