“What a find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Guildford
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I think this place used to be the Black Horse pub if my memory serves me well. It is now open as a 'cafe', but that term under-rates the place.
We went for afternoon tea on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and were absolutely delighted. The food was very high quality, and with very generous servings. The staff were very friendly, providing a very attentive service.
The style of the furniture and decor is very 'Surrey', an assortment of chairs and tables, with 'English country' fabrics.
All in all, it was a great afternoon out. I noticed they do an all-day breakfast too, so I think I might be arranging some business breakfast meetings there!
PS - you need to book afternoon tea

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Super home made food, generous portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've been to Tillings several times over the past few months, and always keen to go back to try something else from their super menu. There is a tempting menu, plus several different 'specials', all of which are freshly made and absolutely delicious. Nothing factory made about the food here. I've taken my young grandchildren sometimes, too, and the children's menu is great for them - not just beans and chips, although you can get those too. And the waitresses and always friendly and great with the children - there are plenty of highchairs and they even give them colouring pens and pictures to keep them amused. I've been with a group of friends and they put us in the 'conservatory' which was great because it felt quite private and made us feel special.

Surrey, England
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We passed this place on a January Saturday morning, and could see from the glimpse that I got how busy it was. So we went back, and have now been three times.

It's one big room, broken up by pillars and staircases. In one corner are some squashy sofas round a woodburning stove. There are lots of mismatched tables and chairs, some of the chairs upholstered in nice bright fabrics.

We've had breakfast here twice - the full English seems to me to be fairly reasonable value (it's about the same cost as most of the other places we've been to). Very meaty sausages and delicious bacon.

I noticed when we went on Saturday that most of the cakes are now covered in glass domes, so they have addressed the concerns of the person who mentioned that.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Have now stopped here twice for a weekend breakfast and been impressed both times. Big spacious eating area, prompt service and welcome dogs, which is nice on a wet day when sitting outside isn't practical.
The option of some baked beans instead of or as well as mushrooms would be nice.
Must try calling in the afternoon to try the cakes!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Good food Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We spent 3hrs here the food was good the waitresses could notdo enough for us We enjoyed the whole experiance a very nice place to be in12 adults3. children we all enjoyed the afternoon.

• Visited February 2012