Grizzly Jacks is a beautiful resort packed with a lot of fun for children and adults alike. I was a little skeptical after reading some online reviews, but as I suspected there are many who choose to take the time to write a poor review and not enough who make the time to write a review of praise. The amusement park was awesome, and no we did not wait a long time for someone to operate the rides. A few minutes maybe, but how long do you wait at any amusement park? The waterpark was cool and yes it does smell like clorine, not a big deal. We stayed in a villa that was beautiful and clean, The service and staff was very pleasant and helpful. They could use a family style restaurant but if you drive a little you'll find one. The pub style food is of good quality though so don't hesitate to order. Being located about a mile or so from Starved Rock was pretty cool too. You can take a boat ride, hike, or do many other things. We all enjoyed the stay, and definately would visit again. Hats off to Grand Bear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort offers skin-drenching fun all year long right in the beautiful setting of Starved Rock State Park. Located just 90 minutes from Chicago or the Quad Cities and an hour from Bloomington or Rockford, our 60 wooded acres offer all of nature's wonders, featuring 60,000 sq. ft. of Indoor Entertainment! This includes Grand Bear Falls Indoor Waterpark and Enchanted Forest Indoor Amusement Park, beautiful lodge accommodations, as well as our 1800 sq. ft. vacation villas and luxurious 2800 sq. ft. cabins. Enjoy a variety of dining options, including wraps, salads, hot sandwiches and made to order pizzas at Lumber Jacks Pizzeria and Sports Bar. During the summer months guests can enjoy a view of nature at our Bear Island Pavilion & Curtis Canyon Deck. Next to Bear Island enjoy our “Castle in the Woods” playground area and test your skills at our 18 hole Canyon Creek Miniature Golf Course, Laser Tag, Ropes Course and Zip Line (additional costs apply - open to the public). All lodge rooms include a microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer and wi-fi internet access. Our Vacation Villas are a 2-story townhome with a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our Log Cabins offer 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 3 fireplace, s and an oversized Great Room. Other resort amenities include the Cave Arcade with over 60 games, the Wave Cafe Snack Shop, the Honey Pot Sweet Shop & Grizzly Bean Gourmet Coffee Shop, the Moose Crossing Convenience Store and the Northwoods Niche Gift Shop. Our Grand Bear Conference Center includes over 8000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including 6000 sq. ft. of Grand Ballroom space to accommodate your larger functions such as weddings, family reunions and corporate events. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grizzly Jack`s Grand Bear Hotel Utica
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Resort
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Hotel