“Fun Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Streator, Illinois, United States
“Fun Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stopped for lunch after hiking at Starved Rock. Ordered burgers and fries comes with coleslaw too. Great tasting huge burgers. Busy place ....went a little early cause would gave loved to have wings but not till five. Would return ....

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rockford, Illinois
“Cozy little place with nice people!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped by Skoog's for a bite to eat after hiking at nearby Starved Rock State Park. My husband ordered a chicken sandwich, I got the 3/4 lb burger, and our son got the grilled cheese kid's meal. Everything was good! The servers were all friendly and it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. We love to stop by local places and were glad we ate here!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Aurora, Illinois
“Good little pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went here today to check out the food before we head out of Utica. Based on some of the other reviews we tried chicken wings, which were pretty awesome. They are huge, come in different flavors, and have a lot of meat on them. We got the kamakazi flavored, which is a mixture of bbq/garlic/hot. Besides the wings, my husband ordered a burger. They are HUGE, 3/4 lb, and he couldn't finish it. I got a pork tenderloin sandwich and that was really good. It was also huge, so we ate a lot of food.

The other food was good, but not amazing. I would say the only thing that makes them stand out is the wings.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SW Fla
“Great pub food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here while we stayed a few nights in Utica. It's a cute and clean little pub! Service was friendly and there seemed to be a lot of locals & regulars because the staff called quite a few people by their first names and had conversations where you could tell they knew each other.

My husband had the chili which was awesome and the Italian beef sandwich which was also very good. I had the pork tenderloin sandwich which was pounded out thin & fried. It was well cooked and tasted delicious. Both sandwhiches came with fries and cole slaw. I was so full, and had to push the fries away because I couldn't stop eating them! I am not a huge cole slaw fan, but it was really good too! Just creamy enough and had very good flavor! I put some of it on my sandwhiche too.

I'd defiantly go back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Scoogaliciois”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This small pub was an amazing find in this small town. Food was great as were the drinks and servers!!! This is highly recommended if you are in the area!!

• Visited September 2013