“Great choice in C-U” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 West University Ave, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-2338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Champaign, United States
“Great choice in C-U”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the last several years. It has always been a good experience. Nicely decorated with clean and comfortable rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. It is close to campus. There is a Perkins right next door. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you hear you are frequent customers. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Overall, we had a nice 2 night stay here. We had an issue with our heating unit which was fixed after talking to the front desk. That was nice to have prompt service. The bed and pillows were a little too soft for my taste, but the room was clean, the free breakfast was excellent, and the staff was friendly. My only complaint was that the hot tub was a little too cool and not quite bubbly like most hot tubs. Round the clock coffee was a huge plus!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the heating problem but happy we were able to fix right away for you. I will make sure have to maintenance check on the temperature on the whirlpool as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I graduated from the UofI and was coming back down to see some of my friends perform in an a cappella group. I just couldn't bring myself to sleep on one of their couches, so I wanted to find a nice centrally located hotel. This Hampton was right at University and Goodwin, which means it was accessible by bus, taxi, and walking (though it was below zero). The staff were very friendly, the rooms were nice. I didn't use the fitness center or pool, but walking by them, they looked good. I am just a few years out of college, so it was a little bit expensive for my normal tastes, but reasonably priced compared to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay during your trip to your alma mater the University of Illinois. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Canada, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I spent about 10 hours on a whirlwind business trip. The only thing I wanted to do was sleep well, and that didn't happen. I could hear creaking and pounding of feet above me. Must be wood frame construction.

Room was clean, staff friendly. But if it takes me more than 30 minutes in bed before I can get to sleep, I can't get too excited about a place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you choose us during your business stay in Champaign/Urbana. I do apolgoize aboutt the noise issue you encountered during your short lived stay.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when we came to visit family for Thanksgiving break. We had a wonderful stay, we were warmly greeted when we arrived. Our room was clean and comfortable and the value was out of this world. We will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you had a great stay during Thanksgiving at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back should you return to the Champaign/Urbana area.
Bourbonnais, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband's family planned a "mini" family reunion in Champaign/Urbana with another family for Thanksgiving. Family members traveled from Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and the Chicago area for this event. All of the out-of-town (and some of the in-town) family members stayed 2-3 nights at this hotel at a very good rate. The sleeping rooms were great. They were large and very clean. The finishings are very high-end. The service provided by the staff (especially Maria Bailey and Deborah) was outstanding. My teenage daughter enjoyed the pool. The free breakfast is really, really good and it is more than a contential breakfast (eggs, meat, potatoes, pancakes, omelettes, waffles). We will definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your family reunion. I especially am happy to see that both Maria and Deborah were very friendly and welcoming during your stay. We look forward to hosing your next family reunion!
Urbana, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights over the Thanksgiving weekend
This hotel is located just a few blocks from the University of Illinois main campus.
They have very reasonable rates. The lounge area has two computers and a printer for guest to use, also has a large T.V. on the wall.
The rooms were very clean and the decor was beautiful. They have free Wifi, Indoor pool,hot tub, and exercise room. Full breakfast the first day we had bacon, omelette, potatoes,waffles, fresh fruit. The second day we had smoked sausage, eggs, pancakes, they have many choices everyday and the food was good.
The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful.(Maria,Debra, Nicole,Don,and Cynthia. The sales manager (Matt) was very helpful he worked with our family.
If you are in the Champaign- Urbana area I would recommend you stay at the Hampton in Urbana, Illinois. There is a Perkins Restaurant next door.

Room Tip: They have some suites in this hotel and they are very nice.