“Great hotel for a great price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

You added Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 West University Ave, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-2338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Great hotel for a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband's family planned a "mini" family reunion in Champaign/Urbana with another family for Thanksgiving. Family members traveled from Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and the Chicago area for this event. All of the out-of-town (and some of the in-town) family members stayed 2-3 nights at this hotel at a very good rate. The sleeping rooms were great. They were large and very clean. The finishings are very high-end. The service provided by the staff (especially Maria Bailey and Deborah) was outstanding. My teenage daughter enjoyed the pool. The free breakfast is really, really good and it is more than a contential breakfast (eggs, meat, potatoes, pancakes, omelettes, waffles). We will definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your family reunion. I especially am happy to see that both Maria and Deborah were very friendly and welcoming during your stay. We look forward to hosing your next family reunion!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Urbana, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights over the Thanksgiving weekend
This hotel is located just a few blocks from the University of Illinois main campus.
They have very reasonable rates. The lounge area has two computers and a printer for guest to use, also has a large T.V. on the wall.
The rooms were very clean and the decor was beautiful. They have free Wifi, Indoor pool,hot tub, and exercise room. Full breakfast the first day we had bacon, omelette, potatoes,waffles, fresh fruit. The second day we had smoked sausage, eggs, pancakes, they have many choices everyday and the food was good.
The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful.(Maria,Debra, Nicole,Don,and Cynthia. The sales manager (Matt) was very helpful he worked with our family.
If you are in the Champaign- Urbana area I would recommend you stay at the Hampton in Urbana, Illinois. There is a Perkins Restaurant next door.

Room Tip: They have some suites in this hotel and they are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor about your most recent stay with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time while at our hotel. We all hope to see you again should you travel to the Champaign/Urbana area.
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a wonderful timeThe service was outstanding .the children are looking to return as soon as possible.the breakfast was awesome. We relaxed in the pool , which was so soothing and comfortable . My room was so comfortable, I thought it was a dream. The staff was so friendly with warm smiles. The parking lot was very clean and appeared to be very safe. So I will be back real soon for some more rest and relaxation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you were provided great service while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for some more rest and relaxation the next time you are in the Champaign/Urbana area.
Wasington, DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was greeted by the nicest, and most polite receptionists as I checked in on Friday night. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and most folks do not want to be working at that time. The Hotel is less than ten minutes from the University, and the facility is in terrific shape. Breakfast is a little better than usual for the Hampton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you were greeted by one of our friendly guest service representatives and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Champaign/Urbana area.
Ellettsville, IN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We even had to change our reservation due to an unexpected death in the family, and the staff was very sympathetic and accommodating. Check in and check out was very efficient. The complimentary breakfast was better than any of the other hotel chains. Conveniently located near the U of I campus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Please accept our deepest condolences for your death in the family. I'm glad we were able to be accommodating during such a difficult time. We look forward to your next stay with us should you be visiting the Champaign/Urbana area in the future.
BirminghamAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I arrived late on a Saturday evening to take part in a memorial service for a dear friend. Reservations were a breeze and they helped me pick out the "perfect" room and held it for me. It was a spacious room with a wonderful workspace and comfortable office chair. The WIFI connected flawlessly to my laptop. The business center downstairs had a laserjet printer which made clear notes for me to use during the service.

The room was spotless, and comfortable. I had no problems with the heater / air conditioner. The small pantry had a deep sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. The walk in shower had good pressure, but I wish the water could have been made hotter. It felt like the maximum temperature was controlled rather than them running out of hot water. The hot tub filled quickly.

Breakfast was very good with the usual scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. I arrived 15 minutes before closing and they had just run out of waffle mix. The woman who managed breakfast tipped the container over and scraped the last of it out so myself and a teenage girl could have the last two. That's service beyond the call of duty.A small problem with the room was resolved to my complete satisfaction.

It became obvious to me that customer satisfaction was a number one priority among all of the staff of this facility. I would HIGHLY recommend this facility as a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate you uploading photos as well of our hotel. We hope to see you should you return to the area in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

No way to cool down room in middle of winter. They have it set so the A/C won't work; heat or fan only. If you like your room cool like I do, avoid this dump.

The location may be convenient, but your comfort will suffer. I'd rather be further out and comfortable.

When I complained before I went out to dinner, they entered my room while I was out, without my permission. I don't like that. I have a bunch of very expensive computer equipment.

Room Tip: None in the winter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that you had an issue with your HVAC not cooling during your stay with us. I can understand your frustration.

Our HVAC units do not cool if it is under a certain temperature outside and it would be nice if we could have an alternate option of opening the window to help cool during cold months, but unfortunately our windows do not open.

It also is a practice of ours that we do not enter guest rooms unless it is ok with guest, so I apologize that our front desk supervisor entered your room as she was under the impression that you wanted someone to take a look at it for you while you were out to dinner.

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!