“Fair experience for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 West University Ave, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-2338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Urbana
Quincy, United States
“Fair experience for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were located on the first floor right by the corner of Goodwin and University Ave; I know the area and so I was afraid of having a nosily night. Surprisingly, the room was quiet over the weekend. Internet and hot breakfast are included and that was convenient. The room seemed recently renovated and clean. My only complaints are that the room smelled humid despite the cooling system was kept on (not the fan) at all times, and that the gym does not have a bike. The neighborhood is not the best. A Saturday night, on our way back to the hotel, we stopped at the gas station just across University Ave to buy milk for my daughter. Some individuals were drinking in a car parked upfront the convenience store; they bothered my wife while I purchased inside the store. They stopped when I came back, so I just got in my car and left the place. It was before 10pm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that you found the cooling system in your room to not be efficient in keeping out the humidity. Our fitness center does have a recumbent bike along with a treadmill and elliptical.
I thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to rate us.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
South Beloit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana is an excellent choice for your home away from home. Located on the U of I campus, it is situated within walking distance of several restaurants. The hotel is immaculately clean and our room was decoratively freshened daily. Debra, our front desk associate, was delightful and welcomed us like family. We spent a week in the hotel as we traveled to the area to clean our father's home. Arriving at the Hampton at the end of a long working day was better than arriving home. Each evening were able to walk a short distance to restaurants and soaked our tired bodies in the hot tub. Every morning we awoke to enjoy a free full hot breakfast. Thank you to everyone who made our stay inviting and memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your most recent stay. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean and friendly throughout your stay. I have passed along your sentiments to Debra, our front desk associate and the rest our our team. We enjoy having Debra on our team and she makes all our guests feel like they are family.
We hope to see you again should you visit the Champaign/Urbana area.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed over the weekend while visiting family. The room was okay, a bit dark, and unfortunately a bit musty smelling. Towels were scratchy, as you might expect in a hotel of this class. I still prefer Courtyards over Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you found your room to be dark, musty and the towels scratchy. We recently went thru a renovation and I will take your comments to our company for future renovations. I appreciate your honestly in preferring Courtyard's over Hampton Inn. There is a Courtyard in town near the mall should you return to the area. Of course we would love for you to give us a second try and do appreciate the feedback.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loved this hotel, clean, friendly and knowledgeable staff! We spent the weekend visiting campus and the convenience to and from U of I is awesome! My children and I loved the delicious breakfasts in the morning and the ability to have coffee or cocoa anytime of the day. The kids also loved the pool and hot tub. Walking distance to campus and a restaurant right outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Great hotel close to U of I!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review you gave us on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide superior customer service to all our guests during their stays. I'm happy to hear that you visited our University of Illinois campus and that we were a convenience lodging choice during your stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nice staff, clean, decent breakfast buffet. Perfect when visiting U of I as it is RIGHT across the street of the north side of the massive campus. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi we did not use, but they looked well kept. The workout room was limited but the equipment newer and in good shape.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel conveniently located across from the University of Illinois campus. It makes for visitors trips to the campus much more enjoyable being directly across from the campus. We hope that should you visit in the future that you will again stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and has actually never stayed at Hampton Inn before, but was delighted with the service and hospitality this hotel had to offer. The continental breakfast was a nice surprise addition to the clean rooms. I would definitely stay here again. The location is great too since it is in walking distance to the Engineering Campus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So happy you found out hotel to be to your liking during your recent stay with us while attending a wedding. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and we hope that if you come to the area again you make our hotel your hotel of choice.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for business in June, 2013. It is right across the street from the University of Illinois campus and shares a parking lot with Perkins. It seems to be an older hotel, but clean and worked fine for my needs. Nothing over the top, but a decent place to stay if you are in Champaign and prefer Hampton Inn.

If you have time, I recommend walking the UI campus. There is also a mall about 10 minutes away, on Neil St, on the other side of the freeway. There are more options for dining over there if you don't want Perkins.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you staying with us and are happy that you found our hotel to be conveniently located near campus and other places of interest.

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!