“Excellent clean and comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

You added Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 West University Ave, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-2338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
South Padre Island, Texas
“Excellent clean and comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wedding party, my husband, and I recently stayed at this hotel and found that it exceeded our expectations in every way. My guests commented on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, the pleasant sales, front desk and breakfast staff, and calm yet convenient atmosphere. I travel for work all over the world and recognize a well-run hotel when I see one; this one definitely exceeds expectations. I recommend this facility and will use it again the next time family or friends are in-town. Truly excellent!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views of UIUC campus
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate all the wonderful comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again should you come back to the Champaign/Urbana area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were thinking we'd never find a nice place near the University of Illinois when we found this hotel. It's right across the street from campus and a lot newer than the other hotels in the area..

The front desk people were great, especially Kevin who went far beyond what I've ever experienced, and I've travelled for years on business. The place is unbelievably clean and looked brand new.

We travelled with two teens. Our two-bedroom suite was clean and well stocked, including a set of sheets that were made to fit the sofa bed. There were 2 TVs, all flat panel.

The pool was very nice, as was the spa. The breakfast area was top-notch with a wide variety of choices, not just cereal and Danish. There were cookies and fruit in the lobby all day too.

This was a great stay and we'll come back again when we're in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Palos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am always kind of leary when going out of town on business and staying somewhere that I've never been. This was a huge surprise. My room was amazing and very clean. The bedroom was seperate from the living area which made me feel more at home. All of the staff that I encountered were extremely friendly and more than helpful. I knew when I arrived that this stay was going to be great. The outside was well kept and when I walked into the lobby to check in it was almost like walking into my own home; warm and inviting. Needless to say that the hot breakfast was great also. I definately will suggest this hotel if ever I am sent to this area on business again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I can't imagine a better hotel, this close to campus. The hotel is within walking distance to campus. The hotel feels very modern, the service was excellent, and the room was very clean. If you want cheap with a bed, this is not the place. However, if you enjoy your stay at the university and your hotel, then this is the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed over on a Friday night. Great location for access to the University (across the street) or either downtown Champaign or downtown Urbana (both only about a mile away). Room was exceptionally we appointed with one of the best computer chairs and wall unit (both indirect and direct lighting and plenty of access to outlets if you need to plug in 3-4 chargers!). Staff was professional and very pleasant. If you didn’t have a car, there was a Perkins Restaurant next, or an easy drive to any number of other places. Breakfast was more than adequate with usual cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit bowl, juices, muffins, bagels, breads, three hot items (an egg/ham/cheese dish, French toast sticks, or sausages), and a toaster and waffle maker.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night prir to attending granddaughters gymnatic meet on Saturday. Hotel was exception clean,the rooms were clean and comfortable,looked like they might've recently updated the hotel. Desk staff were very friendly,however,missed getting the free cookies other guests had mentioned in their reviews? Only downside was noise late at night in the hallways.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators nor ice machine. Inconsiderate guests were very noisy late...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights to attend a basketball game. Front desk staff was great on check in. All staff I came in to contact with seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. All knew directions to the basketball arena. Room was clean and quiet, which is what I want. I did get the fresh, warm cookies on check-in. Typical Hampton breakfast, but I know what to expect. I did eat one meal at the Perkins next door and got a 10% discount for showing my room key. Even got free local newspapers, which made me happy since I was there on a weekend.

Room Tip: I asked for room on high floor, away from elevator and ice machine. My room fit those requests.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!