We stayed here this weekend as part of a college exploration trip. I bid for the room on priceline and got a room with two queen beds for $75 which was way cheaper than anything in town. The hotel is an older property with the old Holidome layout so it smelled like pool chemicals from the get go. There was only one person at the desk on a Sunday afternoon and she was on the phone so I waited for a bit. Check in went well although when she asked if I was a priority club member, I said yes; however, I did not know my number and she advised she would check for me later. Not sure if she ever did. Our room was on the first floor with a slideout to the holidome area. It was a small room, with a flat screen TV but barely enough room to sit on one of the chairs on the side of the bed and the desk just had a regular chair to sit at. Very narrow room. The bathroom was very big and was clean. The beds were very nice although the trend of the small pillows and the different choices is one I dislike. I would rather have bigger pillows and it seems many of the hotels in this class are moving towards the small pillows, I don't get it. Anyway, the hotel was quiet, overall clean and the staff we encountered were very friendly. There was not a comp breakfast which surprised me for a business class hotel. Not sure what the gig is on the restraurant. It looked open, but no one was around. Would I stay here again, maybe if I can't get a room at the Hampton Inn for a similar price. It was good for a one night stay where we spent little time at the hotel. The property was nice, the interior was clean and the room served it's purpose well for a one night quick visit to Champaign.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently undergoing some renovation (re-tiling all entrances, elevator floor tile and some lobby tile) Please be aware when booking a reservation that some of our hotel is under minor construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Wyndham, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Booking.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Champaign Urbana Hotel Urbana
- Holiday Inn Urbana
- Urbana Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign IL - Champaign-Urbana