“Michael P.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Michael P.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our way through Illinois and the stay was more pleasant than I had imagined. We came in late at night and the desk clerk was very friendly. We were glad that it was a quiet area because we were extremely exhausted. When we woke up we had a quick breakfast mainly of juice, muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc. and we were on our way. It was just what we needed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Delta Junction, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The best deal we could find on a busy weekend. The entry was dated and musty and we were a bit worried. However, our room was fine; clean and comfortable with no musty smell. The shower was a bit weak but it was fine too. Breakfast was well stocked though the selection was pretty basic. The manager/owner was kind and granted me two special requests with no fuss. If you are looking for a good deal, choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fribourg, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

It was dirty, filthy, noisy, old.

And they charged us a 10 Dollar refund fee for the second night we cancelled saying its due to the credit card companies. Go figure.

Breakfast consisted of wrapped muffins and orange juice straight from the gallon packaging of Deans.

Room Tip: take a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Roscoe, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

For the price we paid and reading the reviews I expected a lot better. The room smelled, could not open the window and the air conditioner was not working properly. The beds where uncomfortable and the shower was freezing cold. Also the shower base was black that I had to put a towel down before I got in. Paid for 2 nights but only stayed one. My lost their gain I guess. If an unsatified customer is a gain for them as long as they made money. Staying at a way better newer hotel tonight and for $30 less. It's just like being at home and worth the extra money out of my pocket.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Unfortunate circumstances brought me to Carle Hospital in Urbana. This was the closest place to stay and they gave me a discount for my reason of visit being Carle. They place looked very clean and the service was very great. Upon entering the room I was happy to see a flat screen TV with HBO (helped me pass the time). I would definitely stay here again, it was a very quiet and peaceful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
salt lake city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed in numerous other motels in Champaign-Urbana over the last 10 years and must rank this one last. The biggest area of concern is the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. This is definitely not a place you want to stay at if you are sensitive to smoke. There's really no non-smoking rooms if smoke permeates the entire interior. The only reason I didn't give this one star is because of the close location to campus and that the room was fairly clean. By fairly clean, I mean I used the extra folded blanket and used that as something to go between me and the bed for sleep. Someone noted there was no hot water. It took a several minutes of running the shower water before the water would get no hotter than lukewarm. The only reason I stayed here for only the 2nd time in almost 10 years is because everything else was booked or over $300/night. Next time I will find something else regardless even if that means staying in a tent in a park in Rantoul. Also consider the rate was just over $100/night because of the busy event weekend but if I was a smoker I would put the value of this place at a little more than $30/night. The motel staff were helpful and appear to go out of their way for guests but it would be more effective if they use that effort to put money into the place to clean it up and renovate a few things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am a frequent traveler, being on the road for 2-3 months at a time. Different hotel on a weekly basis in different cities. Out of all the cities I've been to and hotels I've stayed at, this hotel will forever stick out in my mind in the best of ways. That being said, here we go...

The rate we were given for two weeks was EXCEPTIONALLY low and fair, especially given the fact we had both a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The room was immaculate, the beds were quite comfortable and the A/C blew clean, cold air. Why would I say clean? Because after each stay, the hotel takes out the entire unit and hoses down the filter. Can you think of one other hotel that would go to such extremes?! I can not, and have not in my four years of road travel.

The thing that really sticks out of my mind is the quality and friendliness of both the manager and his wife. Every day we were always greeted with a warm smile and a wave of a hand. Never overwhelming in any way, they were quite attentive in making sure our needs were met. That's not the kicker... we left an envelope with expense receipts including $300 dollars... CASH. We discovered this envelope was left behind as we arrived to our next destination... four hours away. We promptly called the hotel and they had our envelope. Whew. Hold on, it's about to get better.
We cringed at the thought of having to drive a total of eight hours just to retrieve this bag. So what does JR, the manager, do for us? He sends it certified mail over night. We asked him to take the money from the envelope, as he did... and not a penny more. LIFESAVER!!!

It's a very rare instance these days when someone has the integrity to do what's right and honorable. To take that extra step in going above and beyond to help a fellow human being. I owe a lot to JR for taking that extra step. Writing this review just doesn't do it enough justice.

Long review, too late, short... this hotel was extremely comfortable and affordable. I would recommend this place to my mother... and she is a very paranoid, hispanic woman. That's saying something.

Room Tip: 205 seems to be good luck! ;)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to America's Best Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!