“Better Than Expected...But You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Urbana

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Urbana to your Saves list
Motel 6 Urbana
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1906 North Cunningham Avenue, I-74 Exit 184, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61802-1207   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Peoria, IL
“Better Than Expected...But You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cannot give this hotel a bad review because any time you can get a room for under $70 and it's clean, then I believe that is all you can expect. Our group stayed here on 4/26/2013 for one night to take part in the Illinois Marathon on 4/27/2013. By the time we registered for the marathon, it was the only hotel with rooms in the entire town. I usually spend well over $100-$150/night for a hotel, maybe even more, depending on location, so I was somewhat apprehensive about this sub-$100/room hotel. We had booked two rooms with two double beds each. Upon arrival, the hotel exterior looked well kept and seemed to be in an ok area of the city. The front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming. The decor was a little odd....bedspreads at first glance looked like a child's room until we noticed the Motel 6 logo...beds were somewhat hard and pillows were not top notch. There was no alarm clock in either room, which I thought was odd, but we all had cell phones so that wasn't a real issue. No blow dryers, iron, etc., but again, we paid peanuts for this room and didn't require those items. Walls are paper thin, so we could hear entire conversation going on in the next room....luckily they must have been marathon participants as well, as they quieted down by 11. The noise would be my only complaint for this hotel, because trust me, the walls are VERY thin. However, it served its purpose for our trip...it was clean, which was my main concern considering the price. Didn't experience any issues and felt satisfied overall.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind this is a no frills hotel and that's what you're paying for. No issues wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wknd. Hotel was clean, rooms were spacious. Only problem was walls were very thin, could hear tv from another room, ppl walking upstairs, passing by hallways. .
Could not get much sleep, will not stay here again. .

• Stayed March 2013
Alexandria, VA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff of the motel were great. Everyone was friendly, and the manager went out ot the way for me. I left two things in my room - one being shoes - and he had them sent to me with no charge.

By the way, I found the beds very comfortable. The hall ways are unattractive but otherwise the look of the motel was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mocrowave and refrigerator. Very useful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This Motel 6, along with the Motel 6 East in Columbia, Mo, stand out far above what I've come to expect for the place where they leave the lights on for you. Interior corridors and room layout are both a plus. The location, at the corner of a highway and an interstate, is a bit tricky to get to, especially in the dark. But once there, I was glad I arrived. The person at the front desk was also especially friendly and helpful in offering information about nearby restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The reviews about this motel 6 were a bit horrifying. But travel companion insisted that I gave it a try. Staff at front desk said that she could not show me the room first because "it is the policy". (This request has not been refused in other motels in the chain. However, we did have a look, after I insisted. Linens and towels, bathroom were very clean. I would have given it a 4 except sticky syrupy stains on the desk. Fortunately, I spotted it and cleaned it myself before I put my lap top on the desk. Free wi-fi connection good. The front desk staff who initially appeared unaccommodating turned out to be quite friendly and helpful. I think the management should give staff more flexibility when dealing with reasonable requests from potential guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was in town for a festival weekend. I guess there was a lot going on because the price was 80 dollars a night which was rather more than I expected. However, all my expectations were fulfilled.My wifi connection was very smooth; the room was clean and adequate to my purpose. It was a bit difficult to get to the second floor, I would have appreciated an elevator, but I guess that was my own fault for not requesting a ground floor room. The most unpleasant part was that the pool was closed. Not that I was expecting to use it, but it was all filled in with sand so that it looked like a construction site. Outside of that, it was a good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

this hotel has a nice appearance and the staff is friendly and helpful. i was at this hotel for 9 days on a daily rate. the maids hate to do their job. i even stripped my bed for them, because they did not understand english well. I came back late one night to learn after speaking to the manager dave about having my room cleaned earlier in the day, to find out that they did not even clean the room. I asked for a clean room which the desk clerk gave me to find out the bathtub was dirty. so i had to stay in the dirty room and change my own sheets. talked with dave, the manager and he said the desk clerk should not have offered me another room. obviously this cleaning staff does not listen to their manager. they do exactly what they want to do. if you are a stay over it is a strong possibility at this hotel the won't clean your room at all. also they allow multiple pets in this hote, they barked for most of the first night that I was there

Room Tip: before I select another hotel to stay in I would take the time to read the reviews on the trip advi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Urbana? Share your experiences!