“Love the Pool, Beds comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana

You added Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana to your Saves list
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1907 N Cunningham Avenue, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61802   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
“Love the Pool, Beds comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The rooms are large, and the breakfast is fabulous. I like the refrigerator and microwave in the spacious room. However, heating is only available in winter, so it can get cold before winter season. There are no vents in the bathrooms and they lost my reservation. I would go back because it is a great value and the pool is really nice.

Room Tip: can be noisy on the long hall facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The rooms were spacious - but dated/damaged/and not clean. We had to move to a new suite after we discovered the sofa sleeper was broken. We found a doggie bag from a previous guest in the desk drawer ...and it smelled. We found double bed sheets stretched onto the Queen bed to try and make it fit. That was Day One. Day Two - we went to breakfast at 8 am - no clean tables so we got our own wet rag to clean one off - no plates and no bowls. Coffee ran out - hot food was gone. No attendant but 3 people behind the desk that had to be interrupted to find someone to take care of the food service. When we returned from our day at 3 pm - the room had been serviced but no items resupplied - including NO toilet paper for 3 people (they had removed the empty rolls though) We could not enter the property through the locked door because the key card would not work - maintenance guy told us it was broken and the part was ordered but apparently they would not post a notice so people knew that and would have to walk around to get in another door. The final piece ---they could not give me a receipt for this hotel stay on checkout because it had been booked through a third party (AAA)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rceresa, General Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear mnmommykins:

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center, Urbana, Illinois.

From the comment card that you completed and the reveiw your shared on Tripadvisor.com, I have met with all of our department heads. We all agree, this is not the way we wish to run our business and there were too many things that we unacceptable.

Please accept our sincere apologies. We continue to make changes to out property to ensure that all of our guests are pleased.

We would love another opportunity to earn your business back. Please feel free to contact me the next time you and your family travel to Champaign-Urbana, we will not let you down again.

Warm Regards,

Raymond Ceresa
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
rceresa@eastlandsuites.com
Saugatuck, MIchigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at Eastland Suites every time I come to town to visit family. We have been coming here for about 10 years now. The rooms are so spacious, the staff is SUPER friendly, and the pool is great for the kids. They have a wonderful breakfast, nice lay-outs and fantastic suite rooms. We tend to get the double queen bedroom suite, so the boys can go to bed at night and my husband and I can sit in the front room and relax without bothering them. The room has a fridge, microwave and plenty of storage if you are staying more than a couple days. I would recommend this hotel to any family and really anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel and that is clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try any of the suites, they are fabulous. But if you are just looking for a "typical" roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We needed a place that could sleep five. We also needed one private room that could fully separate from the other room. We got it for $114/nt. Very nice suite. Ours had 2 queens in the bedroom. A nice little kitchenette by the living room. A really good breakfast. Didn't use the pool, butitlooked really nice, big for a hotel pool. The layout is sprawling, a tad peculiar. Oh, Forgot to mention that they give you a drink coupon from the bar for each person in your party.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vermont Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came to Eastland Suites for a baseball tournament with our baseball family. The hotel is an older hotel that could use an airconditioning overhaul, but it was still a nice hotel. The rooms are big, beds are kind of small but comfortable, and the pool area was nice. the one bad thing was the airconditioning couldn't keep up. It was 108 degrees the weekend we were there so I know it was just hard to keep everything cool. The breakfast was good as well, lots of choices. The best thing was the staff. As a baseball team with 12 14-15 year old boys, and families of each of these boys, they helped us out with rooms and were comfortable when we invaded the lobby area. When the lobby area was closed due to a private party they gave us a conference room free of charge so we could all be together. I would definetly suggest this hotel for groups.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just finished a weekend at Eastland Suites. I was steered to the location through the event I was attending. Very nice. I had booked the double bed suite but was very surprised at how nice it was. Mini kitchen/bar in the living room with TV, spacious 2 queen beds in the master. IF I had a knock, it would be the bathroom. Decent, but a bit small. But that hardly dampened my weekend. The staff was attentive, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in taking care of any needs. The check in and out was both smooth and fast even though quite busy. I have paid more than two times the rate at downtown Chicago hotels and gotten half the amenities and service. If in this area, do not look anywhere else. They will be sure to make your stay one that will get you to return on your own.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My job takes me all over the world but I usually refrain from writing reviews. I will have to make an exemption for Eastland Suites Urbana because of Tonia, Beth, Greg, Ben, Ray and many others who went out of their way to make me, and other “regulars” I met there, feel at home. I first heard about the hotel from a University of Illinois staff member when organizing a conference there. She said that albeit it is further from campus, visitors staying and Eastland Suites tend to be the most satisfied ones. So, when I needed a place to stay a few days a week for nine months I chose Eastland Suites. It was an excellent one!

Not only that I got a very good deal for a King Studio Suite with a full kitchen, thanks to Tonia, but the rooms were always clean and well appointed. Since I checked in and out every week I probably stayed in all rooms of this type and only had three issues in more than 35 stays. First time the electronic key did not work and in 10 min I got an upgraded room. Second time, the furnace was blowing tepid air. By the time I realized it was very late at night but, in fifteen minutes, Greg and Charlie moved me, luggage and all, in a new room with the same amenities. Third time a small pool of water appeared in the bathroom the morning after I checked in. When I came back in the afternoon the problem was fixed and I was informed that a faucet had an unnoticeable leak when in use and the water needed a long time to sip into a visible place. Looking back I do not think any of these issues could have been discovered during clean-up or pre check-in inspection and I am very satisfied with the staff’s prompt and professional response.

The internet connection was always reliable as was the FREE shuttle service which can take you ANYWHERE in the Urbana-Champaign area. I enjoyed the hot breakfast with the ingredients in the omelette and potato casserole changing often, the fresh fruits, the good coffee (and I know coffee) served in porcelain cups (or to go if you wanted). But the focal point of the hotel is the well-appointed bar at which hotel guests get a free drink courtesy of the manager. Besides the free drink, the liquor prices are lower compared to the other bars, the atmosphere is great and Greg, the bartender, can teach you a new twist on your favorite drink. You might mention a special, rare drink that you like only to find a few days later that Greg ordered it, or you might mention that you like cheese with fresh fruits or that the breakfast is becoming too predictable and find next morning a selection of cheeses at breakfast and a cook with a portable stove ready to make your own omlette. Add to these karaoke parties for guests, or invitations to hotel parties (such as grand opening of a wing, etc), all with nice dinner buffets combined with extra complimentary drinks and you will know why I call them great hosts!

I am looking forward to staying again at Eastland Suites Urbana when I am in the area. I’d like to check the pool and the fitness room, say hi to Rocky the macaw, see what kind of surprise upgrade Ben might give me, talk to Greg at the bar, and check out the party Beth and Ray might be organizing. I highly recommend the place not only for its excellent rooms, prompt and highly professional service but also for the entertainment it can offer if you have time to unwind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana

Address: 1907 N Cunningham Avenue, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61802
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana 2.5*
Conveniently located in Champaign-Urbana, just off Interstate 74 and only minutes from the University of Illinois and regional business districts, Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center offers you well-appointed accommodations and superb amenities, including daily complimentary hot buffet breakfasts, the largest indoor heated hotel pool in the region, nicely appointed standard double rooms, queen and king suites (some with fireplaces), as well as flexible meeting spaces and supporting services for conferences, banquets, and wedding receptions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Eastland Suites Hotel And Conference Center Of Champaign-Urbana
Eastland Hotel Urbana
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center Of Champaign-Urbana IL

If you own or manage Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.