“Courier Cafe...Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Central Illinois
“Courier Cafe...Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I had some errands to run and decided to stop at the Courier for lunch with my 15 year old. We arrived at 10:50 and the waitress gave us breakfast menus. I informed her that we were there for lunch and was willing to wait 10 minutes. My daughter ordered the original chicken salad served on a croissant with fries. I had a burger with cheddar cheese with fries and the salad bar. The salad bar was amazing. Everything was crisp and fresh. They weigh the plate of salad it's .32 cents an ounce. My salad was 1.92. The food arrived at our table promptly and the portions were huge. The burger was so juicy and cooked just right. I'd say best burgers in town. My daughter enjoyed her chicken salad as well. For all the food we got, including the salad bar, the bill was just under $18. We had water to drink and did not purchase drinks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Urbana, Illinois
“Good dinner for low price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is my favorite place for inexpensive yet good dinner. Burgers and sandwiches and soups are good. Baked potato / sweet potato are also good. Their ice-cream and hand made shake are fantastic. Tonight my husband and I had a very delicious dinner for just $15!

• Visited October 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“History and a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant does a great job of preserving history and telling it's story. It's varied menu also includes brief explanations of the historical accents that are placed in the restaurant. From the old brass lamp to the possibly first cash register, there is lots to see and learn about. The food is plentiful and good. The steak was cooked as requested, and the fried chicken was too much to eat at one time. The service was very satisfactory and this was a great value for the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IL
“Good food but not a pleasant waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I enjoy The Courier Cafe and have gone there many times over many years. The reason for the not giving an "excellent" rating is due to the poor service we received. It seemed that we were putting out our server. When I asked for a refill on my coffee, which I had to do after waiting quite a while to see if she offered it, she was not pleasant. This kind of behavior was a part of our entire experience. This instance was for breakfast with three friends. While the Cafe was busy, there were not people lined at the door waiting to be served.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yum yum yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating at the Courier Cafe for 10 years and it never disappoints. They have the best milkshakes you will ever taste, their hamburgers are perfection, salad bar is fresh and you pay by weight, and all their entrees are unique and just plain delicious.

Every time I come to town, Courier Cafe is an absolute must.

• Visited October 2012