Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1003 Killarney Street, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Urbana
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Great Place to Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The is a very nice facility with well sized rooms and a wonderful and helpful staff. The facility is very clean and has ample parking with easy access to the hotel. The room has ample electrical outlets and a great work space for the business traveler. The refridgerator is one of the larger micro fridge versions with a freezer and lots of space.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Dennis,

Thank you for sharing your experience with travelers! Your kind comments are sincerely appreciated! I will be sure to share your comments with all of the staff. We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you on furture visits to our area.

Kayla W.
AGM

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Heart In Texas But Body In Central Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After riding 600 miles we were looking for a place to rest our weary bodies. Upon check in we discovered there was no discounts here for veterans on certain days. The reception did help in calling over to the Holiday Inn across the lot which was surprisingly cheaper. Did not appear to be to cheery of a place to stay. Too bad as we patron holiday inns.

Room Tip: We did not stay here, but I wanted to share my experience with the "first impression representa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Tim K,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Vandalia, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The room was clean but everything else was bad! There were 2 men in a fist fight right out side our room about 3am. Women were screaming, our 10 year old was scared to death, the police cam and the hotel said they could stay. We were up tip about 5am or so. When you pay over $100 a night you hope to get away from that activity. Then the next morning the front desk informed us that they have no control how their customers act so they would not do anything for us. I would not recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Amy R,

I am sorry your family was not able to enjoy your stay at our property. This is not the kind of service we want to provide. I would like to follow up with you regarding your comments. If you could please email me at kwireman@hiurbana.com I would appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kayla W.
Assistant General Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on June 3rd with my son. I was quoted the rate of 49.99+ 4.89 tax, a total should be $54.88. When I checked my American Express credit card transactions after a few day, I was charged $144.

I disputed the payment with AMEXP. Also, during the breakfast, I took 2% milk that was expired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Vasudev T,

Krysllin G.
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, and location and value are the best reasons for staying here.

The Inn is well off the Interstate, so there is no problem with road noise.

Rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the breakfast is what we have come to expect in a Holiday Inn Express.

Check-in was quick and efficient, with the clerk knowledgable and friendly.

During our stay there were some NCAA women's championships going on at the University with many of the athletes in residence. Even so, there was no difficulty with service, and our stay was pleasant and uneventful.

Recommended when convenient for your travel needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you for choosing us and thank you for your comprehensive review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and quality of our amenities.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for recommending the hotel to other travelers.

Dhan M
Gurnee, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Room was average and typical of this class of hotel. Clean and functional, relatively quiet when you consider that weekend crowd is mostly families with kids. Pool is indoors but relatively small with a low ceiling that seemed a bit claustrophobic. Breakfast was typical with egg patties, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. I'd have no hesitation staying again as a place where your main plans were to sleep and get out to do other things. In other words, it's not a destination hotel and doesn't pretend to be. Pricing was a little higher than expected but it was a very busy weekend (closest hotel with open rooms was 23 miles away) so demand may have dictated price.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor - quiet but elevator is surprisingly slow for a 5 story building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Gurnee_Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
on the river in Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ended up renting this hotel because our favorite was sold out for a soccer event. The room was dirty. All 3 chairs in the room were stained that included the computer chair. The fridge top and handle had crumbs of food all over it. The bed sank in the middle and the pillows sucked. I tried hard to like it but in the end will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear 4ms,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and the feedback you provided. I apologize for the issues you encountered. I appreciate you letting us know about these concerns as your review will be used as an opportunity to improve in target areas.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will give us another chance when visiting Champaign-Urbana.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Address: 1003 Killarney Street, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Urbana
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.