“Condemned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hanford Inn & Suites

Hanford Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Urbana
Hanford Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2408 N Cunningham Avenue, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61802 (Formerly Park Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Urbana
San Diego, California
“Condemned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited this property in January 2013 and it has been condemned.
I'm not sure when it was closed but it has obviously been empty for quite a while. The parking lot is overgrown, the pool has a tarp over it and there are burned out rooms, old mattresses and broken fixtures littering the property.
A large condemned sign is posted on the lobby doors.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Champaign, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

This motel had become an extended stay facility with families and transient/migrant workers setting up there for weeks and months. Today, the Urbana, IL Fire Department removed all residents from the facility and closed it down due to code violations including inoperable smoke detectors and black mold issues.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Not safe: Window in our room wide open when we arrived, no screen, did not lock. Outside door locks to the building were removed, so anyone could walk in. Non-English speaking banquet patrons traveled about hallways and around doors all night long. Very noisy: Exit door by our room slammed all night long and into the morning, Sound from banquet rooms traveled throughout hotel. Dirty: Floor where breakfast was served was sticky and gross. Our room was dusty and dirty because window had been left open. Faulty Advertisement: No exercise room or facilities. Outdoor pool was not open or even close to being ready to open. Should be taken off recommendation lists of Uniersity of Illinois and the Champaign-Urbana Chamber of Commerce until all above are rectified.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The entire hotel smells terrible. The rooms are very old and dirty; I could not walk around barefoot for I was afraid that I would catch mold. The comforter on the bed had these burn holes in them. The wall has some fabric covering over it that has mold on the corner. There are also a few people working at the hotel so the front desk person is also the room service/housekeeping/bell service person. When I looked behind the TV, I saw an old Gatorade bottle. The phone is from the 1950s; there is no way to contact the front desk. I needed more towels but there was no way to reach the front desk. The WiFi also does not work from the rooms, only from the lobby. The location is terrible, right behind a trailer park and away from the main city district. The breakfast was decent, but not plentiful. I had to bring some more food to fill myself up. All in all, this hotel is old and dirty; if you are a neat/germ freak NEVER stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

All I have to say is this hotel offered us a room for well over $150/night bc of special events taking place at UofI and it was almost impossible to get a "partial" refund. Beware of this hotel because there are transient/homeless living in the hotel. It is unsafe, dirty, noisy, and scary! My sister thought she heard a gunshot during the night. I slept fully clothed from head to toe wearing a hoodie on my head to protect me from touching the sheets. Our curtains had holes in them and the sun came in through them in the morning. Nobody at the hotel feels sorry about the lack of cleanliness. It's a disaster. I don't know how this hotel hasn't been shut down already.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Champaign, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I met with Allen Lee, the General Manager over a week before our event was held at the Hanford Inn and he agreed on the price that the previous manager set with us last July. The day before the event a friend and I came by to make sure everything would be set up as we had discussed. We ended up helping set up tables ourselves and putting the linens on the tables, that we also had to pay for. He assured me there would be a sound system and everything would be all set. The morning of the event, the room was a mess. Evidently there had been a leak in the ceiling, tables were moved and chairs stacked back up. So, we're setting up again. The sound system was not good, most of the time we had to do without. He told me they would knock $50 off the fee due to the disarray when we arrived. Then when it was time to pay, he charged us $300 over what was agreed upon. Unfortunately I was not present when they were settling up, but I doubt linens should cost that much! He said for "set up and clean up fee" was part of the price. Evidently he forgot that we did much of the setting up, twice, ourselves.
I called him the next day and as I started to share with him that I was very upset with the rate of the room going up, he said "there was no other place in the Champaign area that we could have gotten for that price". I started to explain that was not the issue, he agreed to that price....he hung up on me. Great business move!
The facility smelled bad, roof leaks, chairs stained and management was rude and dishonest! Whoever owns this facility should fire Allen Lee for his behavior!

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Despite of the reviews I have read prior to my reservation, I gave this hotel a chance and actually had an honest dialogue with the 2 hotel managers. They were very sincere and honest about all the allegation yet they take pride of their hospitality and accommodation. The facade of the hotel might not look inviting but the lobby, conference rooms, and rooms are well kept and maintained. The managers even arranged for my cab ride from the hotel and back. I was there for the IL-Mich game and despite of the crazyy Halloween nights on and off campus, the hotel was able to arrange my cab rides those 2 nights. The 3 managers were very professional and accommodating. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hanford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!