“The comfort of home without the stress and interuptions.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana

You added Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 North Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Chicago, Illinois
“The comfort of home without the stress and interuptions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

It couldn’t have been better. We had made last minute plans to come to Champaign to celebrate a friend’s birthday. We felt fortunate to find any accommodations at the last minute – Comfort Suites exceeded our expectations. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. The room was beautifully decorated, comfortable - a great place to relax. While most of our time was spent with our friends the service and accommodations at the hotel were second to none.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I am a loyal Comfort Inn & Suites coustomer, always try to stay wiith this brand when traveling. My first stay was in May for my daughter's graduation in town and recently visited her 2 weeks ago. Both stays were not respected as a guess by the front desk staffs and were asked to call Choice Hotel myself upon checking in due to the hotel issues. My second stay issue was handled properly by management and I was happy with the solution. Want to say thanks to Adam the General Manager and look forward to see your day time front desk staff's professionalism on my next stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was in town a few days for work and I have never been to the area before, but the staff was great at helping me with what was probably an above average amount of questions...they never made me feel like I was bugging them, which I have ran into before. Also, the hotel room, and the hotel itself, were very clean...I can't recall one thing that wasnt .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was my first stay ever at a Comfort Suites and I was more than pleasantly surprised. I travel for work and I typically stay at Hamptons and Holiday Inn Expresses, but after staying here I will seek out Comfort Suites when possible. Everything about this hotel speaks first class. Aside for the hotel being new, my room was immaculately clean, the breakfast was wonderful and the amenities in the room were up to date with a large flat screen TV and a microwave and fridge. The thing that really set this hotel apart was the service. From the minute I walked in the Front Desk staff was pleasant and went above and beyond to accommodate all my requests. I was greeted each time as I went in and out of the hotel and the housekeeping staff even greeted me as I walked down the hallway. I love this hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The title says it all, for a newer Comfort Suites this place was a big disappointment. Usually newer Comfort Suites are my favorite hotels to stay in but this one just didn't cut it.

The main issues I have are with the housekeeping. I've stayed in so many hundreds of hotels that I can tell if a place is going to be clean as soon as I walk in the room, it doesn't matter if its a new or older hotel, I don't even need to look around, a place well kept just has a different aura about it.

Well, as soon as I walked into this one I definitely didn't get warm fuzzy feelings, which kind of surprised me a bit because usually the newer Comfort Suites are pretty well taken care of. The cleanliness of this one left a lot to be desired. For starters I had some kind of blood stain on the comforter, the bathroom had pubic hairs in the tub and on the coffee maker...yuck...! The fridge in the room stunk so horrendously that we couldn't even use it. Now I can potentially see overlooking a few pubes but no one with a nose could have missed the stink radiating from that fridge, it was absolutely disgusting. You could just tell the entire room was barely clean, it was a hit and miss cleaning job at best.

The exterior and common areas of the hotel seemed much cleaner then the rooms themselves.

A couple other minor issues I had were that my deadbolt did not lock properly and I did not care for the way they do the express checkout. Yes, I like the fact that they had express checkout but the receipt is hung on your door handle in a plastic bag which seemed to me to be a waste of resources and not environmentally friendly. Plus anyone can look at your receipt and get your information. I'd much prefer to see it slid under the door.

All in all this hotel is ok but at $100 a night a pretty poor value in my opinion.

Also, if the owners are reading this I'd seriously consider a change of management as the housekeeping issues are ultimately due to poor management. The manager needs to stay on top of the housekeepers and thoroughly inspect the rooms. The way things are going this hotel will be a complete disaster in just a few years, far sooner then it should.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
csu1, Manager at Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
We are very sorry to hear of these issues. We were aware of some of the housekeeping and other issues you expressed. With that said, we have made a change in management. As of August 31st, we have brought in a new management team. There is no reason our guests should not recieve the best service and most comfortable stay at a new, beautiful property like ours.

Our new General Manager comes with a background in resort hotels from around the US and holds a very high standard of guest service and cleanliness.

Our rooms and ammenites are brand new and very nice. We just need to maintain this. That is exactly what we are now doing.

We are very sorry for the issues you had at our property and invite you and anyone else traveling to the area to try us again or for the first time. We gaurantee you will have a wonderful stay! Thank you for letting us know.
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Our family of 4 (10YO and 6YO daughters) stayed here 2 nights in Jan 2010 for a local swim meet. It was a very clean and pleasant hotel with a large room and comfortable queen beds plus a sofabed. It felt "new"--although I don't know when it was built. Our room was closer to the street (some noise), so I would request a room farther back from the road. Pool/spa area was very clean. Breakfast was your standard hotel breakfast; waffles kept sticking to the waffle iron, but not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
aurora, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We liked the hotel and our room was a hot tub suite on the 3rd floor. It was very spacious and the decor was contemporary. We enjoyed the indoor pool too--wasn't too crowded when we went, and water temp was pretty good. We reserved for one night over Thanksgiving weekend on our way downstate. We got there at 4:30pm in the afternoon and our room was not ready (check in is 3pm), so we had to wait a half hour while the room was cleaned. several other guests complained that their rooms were not ready either. The lady at the front desk was rude and unprofessional, and seemed disinterested in customer service. Thankfully, a gentleman came to the front desk and helped us out. He even discounted the rate for us due to our inconvenience.
Later that evening, our key card did not work at the side entrance or at our room. I proceeded to the front desk for a replacement key, only to have the same rude lady imply that perhaps something metal or magnetic in my pocket deactivated the key card--when the only things in my pocket with the keycard were a couple dollar bills! Again, thankfully the gentleman came by the desk and assisted in getting us a new keycard. They really must fire this woman....When the gentleman tried to show her things she was doing wrong (like not finding our reservation in their system), she didn't bother to pay attention.... Because of our experience with this staff, I cannot give this hotel 5 stars....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana? Share your experiences!