“Perfect stay and bang for buck” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana

You added Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 North Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Urbana
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect stay and bang for buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here while on business. This was my first time visiting Illinois and I was very impressed with this hotel. Very clean room, super comfortable bed and the customer service was great, too. Free airport shuttle is a great perk!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Naperville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The high rating in Trip Advisor is well deserved. Clean, bright lobby with extremely friendly front desk people. The room (a king suite) was surprisingly large. Now, that's a relative term - it was just a large room with a wall partially dividing the front sofa area from the back bed area. But still, it gave a really nice feel to lounging on the sofa. The whole room and bathroom were very clean and well maintained. Quiet. Very comfortable bed and generous covers. Quiet AC/Heat unit. Great WiFi. 24 hour pool and exercise room, which we never got around to.

The breakfast buffet was quite a surprise. This wasn't the typical breads-and-coffee "continental breakfast". This was a generous hot buffet. In addition to the usual breads, there were generous hot trays of scrambled eggs and meats, two waffle makers with a huge supply of fruit toppings, juices, coffee, tea, cereals, bagels. For a serve-yourself, breakfast-included spread, it was great. And it all tasted great as well.

Right off I-74 and Lincoln Ave, a main road down to UIUC. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kimmell, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Chose this hotel based on reviews and the 24 hour pool hours. Room was nice and beds comfy. Pool was really cold, but that didn't stop us from swimming.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so I can't provide feedback on it. Smelled great though.

Stayed November 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently. I had a good experience. I was originally given a key to a room with 2 queen beds when I had ordered a king suite, however the staff were quick to put me in another room, which was actually an upgrade to a room with a hot tub. No complaints there! Breakfast was good with some hot items, such as scrambled eggs. The management even put on a few snacks for customers between 5pm and 7pm. Bed was comfortable. I slept well. Room was spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Have stayed here multiple times. Rooms, cleanliness, staff and breakfast are all first rate. Stay often at Comfort brand hotel and this is one of the best. While it is not walkable from campus, it is a quick 5-minute drive. Coffee and tea are always available, and snacks are set out a few times a day. Staff members are always helpful and friendly. It's nicer to have a separate seating area away from the sleeping area. Love this place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

So on our return trip we stopped to see family here in Champaign / Urbana and chose to stay here as the last time was great. It was a newer hotel when we came up the first time and it still looks the same. The rooms are very nice and slept well. Had my mother and sister with me and each had our own sleeping area. The hot tub was TRULY hot as it has been every other time I used it. I think I went down three times... Only thing I didn't like was the very obvious cameras point right at me (I knew this as I saw the screens at the front desk.) I understand why but just felt funny. Absolutely nothing else bad to say about this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My friend, my 90 pound yellow lab Ceasar, and I had the most wonderful stay at this lovely property. We stayed for 3 nights in a 2 queen sized bed suite. The suite was spacious, with a very colorful pleasant decor. I couldn't believe how clean this entire property is, especially since they allow pets.Meticulously maintained.Comfortable beds with choices of soft and firm pillows. Ceasar prefers the soft pillows..lol. The dining area is large and serves a fantastic breakfast buffet,which is free. Includes hot items...hmmm. Dawn was very pleasant and kept the food and serving areas in pristine condition. Small snacks in the evening are really nice. Ceasar was expecting a milk bone biscuit on his pillow, but Stephanie took care of that. Upon our arrival, she had left Ceasar a nice supply of treats for the whole stay. Stephanie personally handled my reservation by phone, and played an important role of my decision to stay at this property. We took a picture of Ceasar and Stephanie..Gotta figure out how to send it, lol...
Alana was so friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Two small things that needed to be fixed in the room was taken care of immediately. Tiffany was a real sweetly, working evenings. Mitch worked night's. I felt at ease, knowing he was nearby when I had to take my big bucket-head dog out in the middle of the night, lol. Fresh coffee brewing round the clock. Local paper AND USA News are complimentary.
Exterior grounds are pleasant, plenty of areas for walking Ceasar. Circle K open all night for extra refreshments, tho there are a nice collection of snacks and health items available on the property.
BTW, the Urbana Garden Restaurant is excellent, right across the street. Fantastic broasted chicken!
Great pool, Jacuzzi, fitness room, small laundry room.
The manager is very personable, and receptive to a few suggestions we made. All good!
The entire staff made us feel like their family, and we felt so welcomed. It is so wonderful to be able to take our beloved pet Ceasar with us, and have him be treated so well by the staff.
We are looking forward to coming back. We know that Ceasar will go straight to room 118 after greeting his friends at the Comfort Suites Urbana. Thanks to everyone for making us feel at home.

Room Tip: First floor if you have pets.