I usually stay at the Hampton Inn because it has government rates that are actually within the government per diem, and is conveniently located close to the engineering campus of the University of Illinois. Plus it is a vey pleasant place to stay. On my last trip the Hampton Inn was full and I had to try elsewhere. I picked the Comfort Inn because it offered the same government rates and got good reviews on TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor didn't steer me wrong. I found it very similar in quality to the Hampton Inn. The staff at both were helpful and friendly. The Hampton Inn has slightly better breakfasts and workout rooms. The Comfort Suites has larger, brighter, rooms, and also offers in-room safes, something I was happy to see because I travel with a laptop and like to know it's safe when I leave it in the room. I think that Hampton Inn still wins because its convenient location, but it's nice to know there are reasonably-priced alternatives when it is full (as it often is).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened Champaign - Urbana All-Suites hotel close to restaurants and shopping. 5 Blocks to University of Illinois Campus. Half mile to Presence Covenant and Carle Hospitals. Lincoln Ave exit at I-74. 24 Hour indoor pool and hot tub.Upgraded suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana Hotel Urbana
- Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana IL - Champaign-Urbana