“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paducah, Kentucky
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice enough and clean enough...comfortable beds. The house keeping staff wasn't the best...they didn't have the towels and wash cloths completed stocked when we arrive and the entirely forgot to clean the room the next day. The staff was not overly welcoming and friendly with the exception of Ms. Brandy in housekeeping who was a one woman tourist commission. You could tell she was very proud of her home and knew all the in's and out's and was happy to share the information. We visited several places on her recommendations and were pleased she was the bright spot at that Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We strive to make everyone's stay well above mediocre so I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not everything it could have been. We have recently acquired some new desk staff so we will work with them to ensure that during your next visit it will be well above the mediocre mark! We look forward to you giving us another chance in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Thorsby, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way home to Alabama from Wisconsin. We had been driving for 8 hours and decided to stop. The room were very clean and roomy. The pool stayed open until 11 pm. The location was great if you love to shop. The hotel is located walking distance to a huge outlet mall. Overall we would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our property on Trip Advisor! It's though feedback such as this that we know how we are doing in our guest eyes!
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel; comfortable beds, clean, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast, good water pressure. It is on the edge of town so is quiet. It is also across the street from a very large outlet center and an Amish mall............both very nice. It was a little more expensive than we expected for this area, but certainly a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belleview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our first stay here was good we figured we would try it again. My wife called at 8am for reservation all was good until we arrived young girl behind desk with an attitude informed us that it would be 3pm to check in, this was at 12pm no problem. We went to eat and came back at 2pm and watched the same girl check in three other couples and give them rooms. We had to wait until 3:20pm for our room still can't figure that one out? Would we stay here again YES they beat the other motel here hands down they are a little pricey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Andy E,

Thank you for staying with us again and for posting a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had at check in. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Claremont, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Even though there was construction occurring during our visit, it did not negatively impact our visit. The staff were friendly and helpful. My family liked the pool. The shower was wonderful - good water pressure. The location is very helpful. I'm glad we stayed here. Wi-fi speed was also good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kimberling City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall, the hotel was clean and most of the staff was friendly. Why did I say management needs improvement? Although the staff was very friendly, not a day went by that that I didn't come across a housekeeper talking on there cell phones while in a guest room. While they were talking I noticed they weren't working but standing and talking loudly, sometimes in an angry tone. I noticed in my room that the hotel most likely had to raise the beds to meet standards by placing 2X4's under the bed frame which is just fine but they did not replace the bed skirts to hide the 2X4's. The main breakfast attendant was excellent, she greeted us every morning with a smile and asked if we needed anything. On her day off, the relief attendant could not be found for a long time. I finally had to go to the desk and ask if they could refill several items on the bar. Most Holiday Inn Express breakfast bars change their choice of meat each morning in a rotation, this one did not. This is a great location if you are coming to shop at the Tanger Mall. Overall, I liked this hotel. It could become a great hotel if management steps up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We will be dealing with these issues immediately so other guests are not affected by them. While I try to know what my staff is doing at all times unfortunately I can not be everywhere at once so it is helpful when guests let me know what they are doing when I am not looking. I am glad however that you found the hotel to me clean and the staff to be friendly. Those are factors we strive to keep as high as possible! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to a memorial service in the Atlanta, GA area for a family member and stopped in Tuscola after a 7 hour drive from Des Moines, IA. I noted that I was an AARP member and the receptionist gave me that rate BUT when I also informed her that this was not a pleasure trip but a "bereavement" trip she reduced the rate even more! The room was small but clean and very adequate. I have to commend the receptionist's consideration in utilizing both the the senior rate as well as the bereavement discount when calculating the room rate. The only negative is that other than one, there ae no national restaurnt chains nearby.
Would I stay here again - ABSOLUTELY
AND
after our 7 hour drive we slept well until awakened by our wakeup call

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tuscola? Share your experiences!