“Food was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 restaurants in Troy
Troy, Illinois
“Food was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently moved to Troy, IL and I saw El Potro on the way in. I love Mexican food so I knew it would be the first thing I tried. It looks like a typical Mexican restaurant. Although, when we arrived we stood at the door for a while because the hostess was sitting down complaining to someone on her cellphone. When she was done with her call she greeted as and thought we were there to pick up an order.

After we were seated, they brought out the chips & salsa. I gauge everything on the salsa at a Mexican restaurant. This was good. I ordered a shrimp quesedilla and my friend ordered a beef chimi. Both were delicious. The hostess in no way deterred me from thinking I should go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend

Been to El Potro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Potro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.