“This Super 8 is really great!” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Troy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Edwardsville Road, Hwy 162, Troy, IL 62294   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Marion
“This Super 8 is really great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Clean, quiet, great rate for the area. Comfortable bed and basic continental breakfast well stocked and roomy. Staff was great, very friendly and accomodating. Indoor pool and hot tub very clean and inviting. Cracker Barrel, Sub shop, Italian restaurant all next door. Would stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012
GMIL027, Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for the positive review. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Slidell, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We just needed something close to St. Louis so we could see a few sights and then head out the next morning for another destination. With a Cubs/Cardinals game going on and it being a Saturday night, we ended up out in the suburbs. I noticed that this hotel was ranked #1 on TripAdvisor, so we figured we couldn't really go wrong.

The room was very clean, common areas tidy and clean, and grounds well maintained. Staff was helpful and friendly. Sure, some of the furnishings were a little dated, but that's not going to stop us from enjoying any of our stay.

While I don't have anything glowing to say, I also don't have anything disparaging either. This was a very pleasant hotel, well maintained and staffed with shiny happy people. This was a nice, safe place to stay at an affordable rate.

Room Tip: No room is bad, as the back of the hotel faces a farmer's field, front faces the rear of a bar/r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this "budge" motel was very clean and nice. The location allowed you to walk to nearby restaurants and was just off the expressway so refueling was nearby as well. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and cold and plentiful. The rooms were bright and clean. Even though it is an older property, it was well kept. I would recommend it for a night or two.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
NICK B, Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last week because I was running a half marathon and was looking for a cheap room in a good location. I wasn't really concerned about how nice the rooms were because I wasn't going to spend a lot of time there. (I have since been informed that they will be remodeling/modernizing soon. What I found was that this motel has a pool, hot tub, free WiFi, and a great free breakfast (hard boiled eggs, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, juice, good coffee, etc.). These things add up to an excellent value. The beds were comfortable and the room had both a microwave and refrigerator. I could get past the dated TV because at least they had cable and a decent sized tube. The staff was awesome and agreed to give me a late checkout so I could shower after my race before I drove home.

In summary, I would recommend his hotel and plan to stay there again for my run next year.

• Stayed June 2012
Mineral Point, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Troy IL Super 8 served my needs perfectly. The property location worked very well for my needs on this business trip. My room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
NICK B, Manager at Super 8 Troy, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Easy to find, very convenient Super 8. Room was clean, adequately furnished. Breakfast was better than expected with truly fresh fruit, good yogurt and strong coffee. Restaurant/bar in adjoining parking lot happy to serve me and pooch late at night on outdoor patio.

Room Tip: Many travelers get up early to hit I-55. Most are noisy so ask for quiet room if you want to sleep...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bloomington, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in Troy for a shopping trip for my daughter's 16th birthday. The cost was much more reasonable than other St. Louis area hotels. Overall, this was a very nice hotel for the price - not fancy, but nice. It was very clean and quiet. The hotel is probably a half mile from I-55 with no highway noise, and our room looked out on a small field. The pool was small but clean. The breakfast was nice and included a Belgian waffle maker. It wasn't busy at all on the Sunday evening we stayed there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Super 8 Troy? Share your experiences!