“Decent stay, a few issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Tinley Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent stay, a few issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical Fairfield Inn - modern, clean, and near as I can tell laid out almost exactly like every other Fairfield Inn in the country. Everything in my room was as expected, it was relatively quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Also like most Fairfields, it's convenient to the interstate system (I-80 and I-57 in this case). It's also close to several chain restaurants. Front desk staff were polite but uninvolved. The young woman who managed breakfast, though, was both chipper and polite all three mornings I ate there. She hustled to keep everything running smoothly.

A few gripes. First, my room reeked of cigarette smoke when I checked in and I mentioned this on my way out for the day. It continued to stink the entire time I was there and I'm pretty sure someone on the floor was smoking up a storm (to be clear, Marriotts are all non-smoking). Mentioned it again at checkout and the desk agent said she'd try try to get the manager to comp me a night. Either she didn't ask or the manager said "no" as I was billed for the entire stay. Not a real big deal, but don't offer if it really ain't gonna happen.

Second, water pressure in the shower was feeble at best and the toilet seat wasn't actually bolted on. It came off every time I raised it.

Finally, despite the hustling of the young woman in charge, the breakfast offering was lacking. Greasy sausage patties, scrambled eggs, make your own waffles (but no batter after 8AM two days), muffins, and cereal. There was also a small thing of canned fruit salad and a small fridge with yogurt and milk. I saw rack with a few bananas and apples one morning. I've stayed at Fairfield properties with veritable breakfast buffets, with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, real fresh fruit every day, etcetera. This is not one of those. The coffee - Bold Beginnings - isn't all that good, either. But, it's enough to get you going and it's included in the room charge, so, really, how can I complain?

All things considered, given the other options available, I'd definitely stay here again if in the area. It's a nice, mid-level motel and convenient to most of south Chicagoland. I'd just keep my expectations in check.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear DCBoomer,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Tinley Park. Please accept my apologies that you had a less than perfect stay. I'm very sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I'm also sorry that your room smelled like smoke. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, and I will address your concerns with my entire staff. We look forward to your next visit, and it is my hope we will be able to exceed your expectations.

John H.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Richmond, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice, Good beds, friendly staff, good prices. We went here from Minneapolis to see a Miranda lambert concert and if was fairly close after, and a good experience over all. We were going to San Diego the next With a early flight and the front desk guy even let us have some of the continental breakfast even though it wasn't open yet. Really enjoyed this visit!

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights to attend a concert at First Midwest Bank amphitheater. The room was very clean and beds comfy with lots of pillows. Complimentary breakfast had a good variety. Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This small hotel offers updated amenities and decor. The location was great for us..we attended a show at the amphitheater near by. ($7 cab ride) The friendly front desk staff was helpful with questions and efficient. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Thanks to the great ladies at the front desk for answering all of our questions about the Tinley Park Amphitheater. They even asked me the next day how we enjoyed our night and if I got good pictures! The bed was comfy. Room was quiet and clean. Will try other Fairfield Inns as a result of this great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and breakfast was good. The chlorine levels in the pool and hot tub were too high as they made your eyes burn just by sitting in the water. We were disappointed as the kids didn't want to swim long because the chlorine burned their eyes even with goggles.

• Stayed July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at hotel for two back to back business trips. Service is nice, rooms are clean and up to date. It was nice to see the hotel renovation as I get very tired of other Marriott properties not updating the properties. Breakfast is descent. Would recommend.

Room Tip: This hotel gets booked in advance, so book early. I am Platinum and my status did not matter as the...