“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Chesterton, Indiana
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here with my fiancé on August 18th after a concert. I'll admit that I usually look down my nose a bit at Fairfield hotels; they usual aren't quite as nice as other mass chain hotels. I booked our concert night hotel at the last minute, and the Fairfield was the only one with any rooms like, so I bit the bullet and booked.

We got in at about 11pm. The check in went fine and the clerk was very friendly. My fiancé and I were both hungry and the woman at the desk gave us a pamphlet/menu for a pizza place that delivered until midnight (yum!). When I booked online, I requested a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator, and with extra pillows. All my requests were honored.

The room was nice enough for a one night stay. The bed was comfortable. The sofa/pull out couch was hard, but that was okay because we didn't sleep on it. There was a mini-fridge that kept our left over pizza cold for us. The only negative I have is that the air conditioner, even when on low, froze us out. I can't comment on the breakfast, pool, etc., because we didn't use them.

Room Tip: If you're staying on a weekend, make sure you request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 8 mo old son, and myself stayed here on a recent trip to visit family. The location is the reason we stayed.It was a great location for visiting our family. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The staff was great always had a genuine attitude and wished us well every morning. The housekeeping staff was great spotless room everyday. Only downfall was breakfast, not enough options. But for the price and location we will return.

• Stayed August 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I can't say enough nice things about this place. The staff is fantastic and was a true asset to our stay. The breakfast was better than I've had in full service hotels at far more cost. The hotel is well located and is within close proximity to Midway Airport. I'd love to stay here in the future and plan to return soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good price. Bed okay but sheet corners kept coming off the king. Highway noise. Mall nearby. Gathering Marriott points here, nothing fancy.

• Stayed December 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Unless you can get a room rate for under $50.00 a night - not worth staying here. The beds are old and lumpy. Common areas of the hotel are dirty. The business center is a computer kiosk in the breakfast area and it doesn't work. The wireless internet connection in the guest rooms are slow to connect and boot you off after about 2 minutes.
I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I skimmed through some of the other reviews, and had to double-check to make sure I had the right motel - I can't believe we're talking about the same place! This is the second time we've stayed here, and we've been totally happy. Both times we've gotten this motel from Priceline for a great price, but even without that we would choose this motel to stay in if we were in this area. We've stayed in this motel as we're driving through, so we arrive in the evening & leave first thing in the morning, but always make the comment that we wish we had more time to stay & relax because it's so nice,.

The staff was helpful, our room was clean & comfortable (had a fridge & microwave), and although we didn't have time to use the pool, it looked great as well. The breakfast was one of the nicest I've seen in a motel: coffee bar, juices, waffle maker, cereals, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, ready-made breakfast sandwiches, & containers of fruit-to-go.

It's right off the interstate, and there are a couple restaurants right in the same complex - Buffalo Wild Wings and a Wendys.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here for one night during our vacation and we would rate this the worst hotel during our trip. The property is worn out and needs a complete remodel. The lift smells,the carpet is worn out, we saw graffiti on the inside of the lift doors and also on signs in the lobby. The windows in the bedroom are constantly covered in condensation and you cant see out! The smell of the popcorn that they make in the lobby each afternoon is an improvement to the normal smell.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
#9 of 9 in Tinley Park
3.5 of 5 stars 66 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park? Share your experiences!