“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
green bay, United States
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great place to stay, clean and comfy, friendly staff and quick check in and out. Close to Tinley Park and shopping. Casino in Joliet was about 1/2 hour away and was very nice. Cracker Barrel right down the block and has fantastic food. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having stayed in numerous Hampton Inns throughout Canada and the USA, I was disappointed that this one in Tinley Park was a little sub-standard.
The service was less than friendly and although the room was the regular Hampton sized room, the HVAC system didn't function that well and kept me up most of the night.
The breakfast buffet was not nearly as nice as most of the other Hamptons, and again, the service was less than enthusiastic.
There are 5 or 6 other hotels in the immediate area and they are probably nicer than this Hampton.
Location isn't bad. Near the highway and up the street from some major stores.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dawn k, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago / Tinley Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Tinley Park. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and really do appreciate your feedback on our service, breakfast and HVAC system. I'm very sorry to see that we didn't provide the highest level of service during your stay. It is our intent to make sure that every guest who walks in our door is treated as if they are the most important guest in house. That obviously did not happen during your stay and for that I'm very sorry. If you're ever in Tinley Park again, I hope you'll stop back in to give us a second chance. Thank you,
shawnee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel checking in. make sure even if you are a diamond member, as I am, that you check and recheck your room before coming here as they do not look at your preferences.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do apologize that you had a negative experience at check in. We do appreciate your loyalty as a Diamond member. We understand that you and your company could choose any hotel but continually choose ours and for that we are grateful. If there is anything that we can do to make the rest of your stay with us better, I invite you to let me know.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

July 04, 2013 checked in @ 230pm - Prior to checking In - I called hampton from my car while driving. I had conformation print out. I had made this reservation at least 2 months in advance.
I had requested a handicap accessible room. My husband is a 10 year veteran.
They said we are sorry but, we don't have any rooms left ? So, They put us in room 102
saying close to exit & easy access. The door would stick & take us at least 5-15 minutes to get in/out of & said they had parts order. Stuck & had issues open/closing.
toilet stopped up x3, shower curtain big rip in it & flooded bathroom, mold all around air conditioning unit, asked for extra towels(did'nt receive) had to ask again. Breakfast on 7/5/13 was cold & no breakfast meat & eggs hard / attendent was very rude & 7/8/13 we requested a wake up call & didnt receive one & threw are entire check out situation off & travel time. Plus, No breakfast. I did call 1800- customer service line & expressed my concerns. I was compensated 1 night. I was very disappointed in this particular location.

Room Tip: LOCATION OF ROOM WAS GOOD - BUT, DOOR NEEDED REPAIR. Enjoyed hot tub. Make sure to call hotel to m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dawn k, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago / Tinley Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn of Tinley Park. I do apologize that we were unable to provide a handicapped room for you at the time of booking. I see that you had requested one should it become available and unfortunately that never happened. I am very sorry you experienced issues with your door, housekeeping service, and breakfast staff. I can understand how frustrating that would be. I really appreciate you bringing all of these issues to my attention, and I will be addressing them with my staff accordingly. I never want another guest to feel this way, and I hope I can stop this from happening in the future. I do invite you to give us another chance to impress you if you should ever find yourself in the Tinley Park area again.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff here are so very friendly. Not sure what the scrabble board is for on the front counter - I added a word and all I wanted as a cookie.- denied!

The rooms are clean and fresh. The pool is large and indoors. Lots of room for the kids. It is close to the First Midwest Bank Ampitheatre, but you're still going to have to drive there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

For the price and the location, this hotel should offer a lot more. There was only a poor breakfast selection, the carpet was stained (and to be frank wasn't too easy on the eyes!), the chair in the room was stained, the craftsmanship in the room was poor, and the layout was overall more cramped than many other hotel rooms I've stayed in. The noise was okay -- from the sides you don't hear a peep, but above and below you definitely get some noise and from the hallway you can hear every little word spoken. The cleaning lady was noisy, which would've woken me if I wasn't an early riser. Overall, head downtown for a much better buy. Not sure why anyone would stay here...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dawn k, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago / Tinley Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again
West Bloomfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good motel, clean and just remodeled, descent price. Has a free breakfast, with descent food, also has an indoor pool and hot tub. Not far from a freeway so you can get to most locations in and around the Chicago vicinity easily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago / Tinley Park? Share your experiences!