“Not what you expect for the Hampton Name” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gas Package Sale
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Tinley Park
KEMAH
“Not what you expect for the Hampton Name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Hampton is our hotel of choice when we travel. We spend about 25 nights a year in hotels staying in mostly Hamptons thru out the US and Canada. I will say this hotel was not up to the Hampton quality we have grown to expect. Over all the hotel seemed clean and the staff were cordial. It seemed very cramped, from the hall ways to the elevator and the room. With the pool being located so close to the the lobby checkin the chlorine smell was very apparent.
The bed was not the quality of Hampton (because my husband has had back surgery he perfers Hampton mattresses) this one was not the normal kind it was very soft and had no support when you sat down on the bed edge. If it carries the Hampton name then they should remodel to update it to current quality. I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sycamore, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This Hampton Inn is not up to par with the other Hampton Inns. There 100% satisfaction guarantee is a JOKE! The beds were VERY comfortable, it was unfortunate that the hotel staff would not let you sleep. My room was located next to the linen closet. The banging began at 7:00 am. The maids were getting their carts out of the closet. Every movement could be heard through the paper thin walls. Then three maids proceeded to have a LOUD complaint session outside my door for at least 30 minutes, when I gave up trying to sleep and got up and checked out. The whole reason for the hotel was to sleep in after going to a concert.

There was a LOT of noise all night long in the hotel from people coming in from the concert and wedding that night. It did not help that you could see at least a 1/4 inch of light all the way around the door with at least a 1/2 inch at the bottom of the door. Had there been a fire, there would have been no way to keep the smoke out of the room.

When I checked out, Lisa said that there was nothing that she could do because we had "prepaid" on the Hampton Inn site and therefore could not refund out money. Instead I got a $10 Target Card.

The room was dirty, there was a THICK layer of dust on the carpet by the door. There was a gross buildup of grime in the corners of the bathroom. There was a STRONG perfume smell from whatever the staff used to cover up the old smoke smell in the NON SMOKING room.

Go to a different Hotel. I am surprised that Hilton has its name on this hotel.

Room Tip: As far away from the elevators as possible and on the backside of the property, (you can hear every...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

First off I should note we are frequent travelers and stay in many hotels due to my husbands job. The only positive thing about this hotel is the location. That really is it!

Now for the LONG list of negatives. The hotel is old and outdated. My daughter and I were sick the entire time we stayed here. As dirty as everything looked I do believe it was something in the room making us sick cause we were fine as soon as we left.

The front desk people could not be more rude if they tried, especially Lisa. They charged us for the night before we arrived and whoever checked us out didnt do it properly so 3 days after we got home someone from the hotel front desk called and wanted to know when we were leaving. I told them we had left 3 days prior. So I get our credit card statement and we had been charged for 2 rooms, we only had 1, and they had charged us for the 3 nights they thought we were still there after we checked out. It took many phone calls on my part and me having to fax them the reciept I got when we checked out in order to get the proper refund.

If you want to stay in an old, dirty, over priced hotel with rude staff and possibly end up sick...then this is the place to stay! DO NOT STAY HERE!! NOT EVEN FOR ONE NIGHT!!

• Stayed May 2011
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The folks that run this obviously care and do a good job with service and cleanliness. It is a bit old and run down, but it is still okay. No workout facilities on site, but they give you access to an LA Fitness that is a half mile away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

The hotel front desk staff was exceptional to me. I MADE a mistake with my reservation and the front desk, without any prodding, fixed my reservation. They really went out of their way to help me.

The hotel is a little old. My room was very clean and the bathroom was also very clean. Breakfast area was also clean. The value was exceptional and I would definitely stay here again.

No problems here and I would definitely recommend to other travelers

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

The hotel is located in a nice neighborhood which was important to us. The exterior is well-maintained as well as the lobby. When we started going through the hotel to our room, you can tell that they are in need of updating the decor such as the carpet, and even the doors are pretty worn. Everything worked fine in our room -- tub, sink, hot water, TV, heater. The mattress was a bit uncomfortable and I'm not used to this with Hampton Inns. Overall though, this was a nice place to stay, though I'm not sure if it was worth the price we paid per night (not quite $100/night). The staff however was extremely nice and allowed us a late checkout which really helped us out! I would recommend this hotel to others.
There are plenty of restaurants nearby, on the same side of the interstate as the hotel, and across the interstate overpass is a Best Buy, Target, and more restaurants. Be sure to eat at Aurelio's while in town!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Erie, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I’ve stayed at this hotel about 3 or 4 times, and over all have been happy with the stay each time. It’s located in a busy area as far as hotels are concerned. It also has plenty of restaurants in the immediate area which shopping just a short car ride away. The hotel it’s self is nothing flashy, but that is made up for with the cleanliness and friendly staff. The rooms could use some updating, but are still in great shape. I thought the rooms were very quiet too. You don’t hear much noise from the halls, or from the rooms next door.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago / Tinley Park? Share your experiences!