“Sweet and Homey” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Sweet and Homey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

This was my frist trip to a Country Inn hotel, and it suprised me in a good way. The hotel was very clean, and the rooms were spacious. I wasn't wild about the decor, but it fits the theme.

The staff was amazing. I was very impressed with the service levels, considering this was a small hotel. I am used to staying at higher-end properties, but maybe I have been missing out.

Breakfast was pretty good for a continental, and the location was great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

We appreciate your kind comments, and I am delighted that our staff made such a positive impression upon you.

You are always welcome at the Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, and we hope to greet you again as our guest.

Josh Schreib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Spring Valley, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

When we went to check in, we paid cash for our rooms. We asked about a receipt,
and they said they would give it to us the next day. When we got back to our room,
I started to think...well they can give us something to show that we paid for the room.
So I went down and they gave me a receipt that showed it was paid. We went to our
daughter's rehearsal dinner that night. The next morning, I got up to use the restroom
at about 6:30 in the morning, and there was a piece of paper by the door. I thought
that was very odd. I picked it up and when I turned on the light, I saw it was a bill for
the room, which we had already paid. I've stayed in hundreds of motels over the years,
and I have NEVER had anyone slip a bill under the door! So I got dressed and went
down to the desk and asked the girl, ' Who did this???'...and she looked at it and said
I did. I said, well it shows that we haven't paid and we have. She said, 'Oh no...it's in
the computer that you paid.' So I didn't think much else about it. Then when my
husband went to check out at 11:30 or so, they tried to tell us we didn't pay! Luckily,
I had walked down the night before and got a receipt from a guy that was working
there. My husband told them, ' I'm not going to pay twice.' It also took them about
a half hour to check us in. If my daughter's wedding party and my daughter wasn't
there, I would certainly have left and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
It is my pleasure to explain the practice of placing the receipts under guestroom doors. Our staff places the billing receipt, or folio, under each departing guest’s door to expedite the check-out process by allowing the guests to verify their room charges and departure date. If the folio is accurate there is no need to stop at the front desk unless our guest prefers to do so.

You will find this to be a standard pratice implemented by many hotels. Of course, there are other methods, such as e-mail folio delivery and room directory check-outs that hotels utilize also. I apologize that your check-in process wasn't as smooth as you like. There are a lot of responsibilites attending a wedding, and checking into a hotel should be the least of your worries.

Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns or suggestions. Thank you for being our guest.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I arrived at the Country Inn about 3:15pm just in time for check-in. There was a staff meeting going on but the Manager stepped out and checked me in. I was given a preference on what floor I wanted to stay on and settled on the first floor. After getting to my room (which was clean and well kept), I thought maybe I should move to higher floor because the foot traffic might be a bit much especially since I was not far from the pool. I stuck it out and noise was not a problem at all. I was able to sleep without being interrupted (except housekeeping came kind of early my first morning there). The only problem that I had is that everytime I left and returned my key did not work, I had to keep going to the front desk for them to activate it. After my third trip to the front desk I explained that I was a bit annoyed that I had to keep coming back to the front every time I leave and come back. The gentleman at the front desk fixed this problem by adding the number of nights I was staying (4) to my room key and the problem was solved.

You can not go wrong staying here (only downside is that if you want to go to downtown Chicago its about an hour away). The rates are great, breakfast is offered (even though I did not eat breakfast, I could smell it every morning), the room was clean and a nice size (I had a room with a king bed), free internet access and there are plenty of choices to eat at close by. Also, the complimentary cookies, coffee and tea in the lobby are an added bonus. All in all this was a great stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you had with your keys not working throughout your stay. Regrettably this wasn't corrected earlier in your visit. During your next visit you must take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. We are in the process of revamping the menu brand-wide to include a yogurt parfait bar, rotating hot item menus, and fresh baked goods. Upon your next visit, please let me know what you think.

Again, I thank you for your feedback, and I do hope to have you as a guest again in the future.

Joshua Schreib
Mokena, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I booked this hotel for my wedding & during the 6 month period that we had a room block the place changed managers 4 times. Each time a new manager started, our paperwork got lost and we needed to do new contracts. By the time our wedding was over my credit card was charged DOUBLE & when I called back to complain they transferred me to a DIFFERENT manager (#5 and he told me he would need to find my contract as the last manger misplaced it). The hotel itself was nice but the people that work there are the most disorganized and uneducated people I have ever met! Save yourself the hassle and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2010
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

I am sorry that your experience has been a negative one. I can completely understand your frustration. It seems as though you have encountered one too many obstacles in what should have been one of the smoothest processes of planning a wedding.

I know you are en route to your honeymoon, and my Sales Manager did explain your situation to me. When you return home I hope you will allow me the opportunity to change your impression of our hotel. I welcome you to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Respectfully,

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

The hotel is about three years old and everything is in excellent shape. The rooms are nice, quiet, and clean. I found the staff very friendly at check-in, check-out, and breakfast. There are tons of restaurants and shops nearby so you don't have to go far to find something to eat. The trip to downtown Chicago was about 40 minutes (non-rush hour traffic). I've stayed in County Inns before and they're always nice and this one was no exception. The only drawback was that it was on a new road that wasn't in my GPS.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

This hotel delivers the usual reasonable quality of the Country Inn and Suites brand. Our family stays at these often because of their remarkable consistency and their reasonably-priced one bedroom suites. The suites offer two separate rooms with basic kitchen facilities and are excellent for families with younger children.

While the hotel is right off the interstate, there is nothing around it except another hotel and one restaurant. One has to drive five or ten minutes north where there are multiple restaurants and stores.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

We booked our stay at the Country Inn & Suites for 5/8-5/11/09. Great stay! After a long drive to the area for a funeral and after getting no sleep from the previous night, we needed to get some rest. We called the Country Inn and Suites in desperation and asked for an early check-in Friday morning (check-in is at 3 PM). We spoke to Crystal who was our lifesaver. She said to come by the hotel at 11 and see if a room was available. We did and the one bedroom suite we reserved was available. This hotel is very clean, the staff is very courteous, the breakfast is great and the price you pay is a steal. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!