“Good experience overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Michigan
“Good experience overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here three nights with friends for business/pleasure. Great location with it being about 40 minutes from Chicago and there is a lot of shopping and restaurants very close to the hotel including a nice mall. The rooms are very spacious and there was plenty of room for the three of us. The problem is that the room needs updating and please hotels once there are stains on couches, carpets, etc please replace them. We did not use the pool but it was nice sized for a hotel and the workout equipment looked fairly new. The beds were comfortable but the walls are paper thin so you can easily hear your neighbors. The biggest frustration was the breakfast because I would like to give it a great review due to the variety offered but the items were not refilled and one morning I even told one of the workers that the coffee was gone and the flavored creamer and she never refilled them. I would probably stay again because it's hard to find a hotel that still offers refrigerator, microwave, indoor pool and free breakfast but they do need to do some updating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
JWax,

I am excited to share that we have plans for some updates within the next year. Please feel welcome to visit again so you can experience our new look. We do have a large variety of Breakfast items, but I am disappointed to hear that the hostess didn't replenish them upon request. I am confident we will deliver the experience you deserve upon your next stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Josh Schreib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff are courteous and very helpful. We ran out of swimmer diapers for our two-year-old, but they had an extra at the front desk. That saved us the hassle of needing to go purchase some.

There are only a couple things I could be critical of. The layout of the building is a bit inconvenient. There are no services (ice, vending, trash) on the third floor, so we were riding the elevator constantly. The other thing is that the lighting in the pool area is a bit dim. But the water temps were great, so I can't complain. Another good thing -- each table near the pool had its own supply of towels, artfully arranged, which was convenient and a nice touch. Someone put some thought into that.

The breakfast was great, which we've come to expect from Country Inns. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am delighted to start the New Year off by reading a review from one of our valued guests on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a good experience at our hotel, and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. I certainly appreciate your criticisms, and know that we don't take your feedback lightly.

I am looking into adding an additional vending machine and trash receptacles for the other floors. We had an issue with the lighting in the pool area that has since been addressed, and I apologize that is negatively impacted your stay. I welcome you back to see the updates and change your good experiences into great ones. Thank you again for your feedback, compliments and more importantly, for being our guest.

Warmly,

Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is convenient to I-80 and in a nice neighborhood. Lots of nearby restaurants and shopping close by. The pool and whirlpool were enjoyable and kept up well. We will consider staying again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff are consistently helpful and courteous. The accommodations are CLEAN and comfortable. The breakast is bountiful and delicious. The location is desirable with restaurants within walking distance and easy access to a major expressway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ms. Denise,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review on TripAdisor. It is always meaningful when our guests take the time to thank us for our services. We look forward to your next arrival!

Monticello, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wow. The staff at this hotel truly cares about their guests. They were great with our two young children from the moment we checked in, throughout breakfast, and checkout. The rooms are super large and offer abundant room for kids to be kids. The pool area was clean as was the entire hotel. If we stop over again for the night in that area - this is where we will stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I love walking into this hotel and having Josh call me by name, even if it's been a month or more since I've been here. He has gone out of his way on several occasions to make sure my stay is comfortable. The rest of the front desk employees are also very good and friendly. I observed one employee deal with a particularly difficult customer on the phone and she was way more patient that I could have ever been. Outstanding service. That's why I come back here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MrSchreib, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Greetings Ms. Janet,

I am always delighted to address our guests by name. It is one of those elements of service that is so important. I want our guests to know that I know who they are, and I appreciate having them here. We don't go out of our way for our guests; we are only giving them the care and attention they deserve. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you each and every stay.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stay here for business because they are always friendly and the service is great. It's location is very good for eating or shopping and next to the interstate. They also call me by name, which means they pay attention.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with other TripAdisor members. We appreciate having the endorsement of one of our regular guests. We know that traveling for business isn't always the most pleasant experience, and we always do our best to make sure we provide you with the comfort and ease our business travelers expect. Thank you for being our guest!

Josh Schreib

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!