“Advertised beds are not what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Texas
“Advertised beds are not what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I booked here specifically because of the reviews about how comfortable the beds were. I knew that after a long day of driving we would want the most comfortable beds we could get. When looking at the photos on their website, the photo with the 2 queen beds said that they were the Garden Sleep® system. When I went to sleep I noticed that the beds were not any different from most hotels. In fact, the night before had a much more comfortable bed at a Hampton Inn. Upon inspection, they were not Garden Sleep® system beds. Too late to complain since my husband had gone to sleep already. In the morning, I mentioned at the desk that I had booked specifically for the bed. The girl on duty said that the king beds are the only Garden Sleep® system beds. I mentioned that that was not what the website said. She just said, "I'm sorry." I definitely would not have paid that much money for a regular hotel room. I am now in a resort on Lake Michigan with a bedroom, kitchen and a water view for the same price as I paid here (and I have to rate this bed as more comfortable).

Other than the bed, I liked the location of the hotel (but there are 2 hotels that looked very nice. They were right next door and may be cheaper). It was a nice drive into Chicago the morning we left.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jschreib, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Thank you so much for submitting your review of our property. I apologize that our website was incorrect in advertising the Garden Sleep System mattress in our 2 queen bedrooms. We are currently in the process of updating the website.

As for the response from the Desk Agent, she was correct that only the King beds are Garden Sleep Systems. I am disappointed in the way our agent responded to you, and it is certainly not indicative of our standards. I invite you to contact me regarding this issue, as I would like to do what I can to change your impression of our hotel.

Thank you for being our guest, and I certainly hope we can earn another opportunity to serve you.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
queens, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed here on a recent quick weekend trip to visit my fiance's mother who was out here on buisness. The location is about 35 minutes outside of the heart of Chicago, so a car is a must if you stay here. Nice suburban location with lots of strip malls, if you are going to visit Tinley Park. We made the drive to and from Chicago both weekend days and it was smooth sailing and not bad at all. As for the hotel itself, the room was very spacious and the bed was SUPER comfortable! They give plenty of pillows too. There was a nice couch/sitting area as well which had a TV as did the bedroom. The room has a small fridge as well which is a bonus. There is also a nice indoor pool with a jacuzzi tub and a little outdoor patio which can be accessed from the pool area. The hotel was also VERY clean and the workers were so friendly and helpful. I think it is mostly geared towards buisness travelers, which is of course why our Mom was staying there, so it makes sense. The only negatives about this hotel was that the walls are pretty thin, and you can hear people walking and talking in the hallway. The other negative is that they DON'T have a free breakfast, which is so surprising since this is a "suite type" hotel. The breakfast seems pretty plentiful, but they do charge about $9 for it. They also have an area where you can eat at night, which I think is a plus. I think that they should def. just raise the room rates by a couple of bucks and throw in the breakfast for free!! That is about the only thing that could have made it better. However, the coffee is free and hot 24-7! yay! oh, and free wi-fi!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Jschreib, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2010
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I hope that you were able to fully enjoy your visit with your future mother-in-law. You are correct in assuming we are a business class hotel, thus explaining many of our amenities. However, we always welcome guests with various purposes to our property.

I am glad you found our beds to be comfortable. All of our mattresses are Garden Sleep Systems by Natural Form made exclusively for Hilton Garden Inn. All Hilton Garden Inns assess a charge for our cooked-to-order buffett. For future reference, we do offer and bed and breakfast package that includes breakfast in the rate at a discount.

We appreciate having you as a guest, and we welcome you to visit us again in the future. Have a safe and fun Fourth of July.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel was absolutely fabulous! The staff was very friendly and made you feel like you were coming home the minute you walked into the hotel. Breakfast buffet was $8.95 for adults and the food was good. I recommend you sit in Lisa's section as she is the best waitress! The rooms were spotless and clean and I loved having a small fridge in the room for drinks for the kids. There is also a small microwave so bring some popcorn for a late night snack. The location is great with a lot of restaurants nearby and right off the highway so you can continue your trip. The hotel was very quiet as you could not hear the traffic outside or your neighbors in the next room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Jschreib, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. I can assume from your response that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do sell popcorn in our 24-hour Pavillion Pantry, so there is no need to bring some from home. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next arrival and we will be happy to treat you to a bag.

You and your family are always welcome at the Hilton Garden Inn Tinley Park. We look forward to your next visit.

Safe Travels,

Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

It seems foolish to write another review so soon after our last one. But this property is amazing in its spirit of dedication to outdoing each other in hospitality that it's worth underscoring.

Little touches like the manager bringing me a pitcher of ice water while I was working on my laptop in the inner garden courtyard (gorgeous by the way) to the housekeeping staff trying to accommodate my schedule.

Yes there were a couple of lapses. A distracted breakfast attendant, a housekeeper who didn't speak English well enough to understand my request.

But such nice folks who know what continuous quality improvement is all about. Yes, it's still our home away from home. Even after 5 nights, it seemed sort of sad to leave.

(And for those worried about restaurants -- there are now two on the adjacent properties within walking distance -- a Texas Roadhouse and Chinese buffet. Otherwise, just head North on LaGrange Road to Orland Park. Within a five minutes drive you'll find all the restaurants you want (I recommend Petey's II for a classic Chicagoland Greek style restaurant. Or else head to the Harlem Avenue Exit on I-80 just 3 minutes east and you'll find everything from The Tin Fish (high end seafood) to Hamada's (Steak and Sush) to Culver's to Cracker Barrel.)

Great base for the South side of Chicago. And they'll make you feel at home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Jschreib, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our property. It always means a lot to our staff when our guests take the time to write about their experiences at our hotel. Please feel welcome to inquire about other great local restaurants on your next visit. Our Guest Service Agents always like to share their personal favorites, and there are many eateries that are off the beaten path that are stellar.

I do apologize the lapse in service you experienced during this stay. I hope overall your impression of us will remain positive, and I assure you we never stop working to improve our service. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next arrival so we may personally thank you for your complimentary letter. We consider it to be an honor to be your home away from home.

Hilton Garden Inn Tinley Park
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Good.............nice and clean hotel around tinley park area. Good rooms and breakfast option. Not many resturants around that area though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel atleast 5 different times and have been thoroughly impressed every time. The entire staff are always friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Every room has a mini fridge and microwave which is a big plus. They have a large fitness center and big indoor pool. The breakfast is delicious and there are lots of options on the buffet. The breakfast staff are all very nice too! I will continue to stay at this hotel everytime I am in town!

• Stayed March 2010
Allentown (PA)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Tinley Park (IL) most recently on a Monday night. I have stayed here several times before over the past few years. It is “typical” Hilton Garden Inn design and is in overall excellent physical condition. The hotel shares a site and parking lot with a Country Inn and Suites and a Texas Roadhouse steak restaurant (nothing else is within walking distance). Located directly off an I80 exit and is about 30-to-45 minutes drive (south) from Chicago Midway (MDW) airport. The area the hotel is located and the overall Tinley Park area is significantly “better” then anything around Midway airport and along Cicero Avenue. All my stays over the past several years have been consistently excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park? Share your experiences!