“Good, but we've had better in the area” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Mokena, Illinois, USA
“Good, but we've had better in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

4 people dined in our party, all had corned beef and cabbage. Food was warm, horseradish spicy, corned beef was not as tender or seasoned as we would have preferred. Price was reasonable and we were seated quickly at 6:00 on a Friday night. Everyone determined it was ok, but we probably won't come back. Isn't corned beef supposed to come with red potatoes?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Vegetable oil anyone?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place has let their standards slip in a big way! Kitchen cook fries EVERYTHING in vegetable oil. Ordered the Gaelic breakfast and the eggs were dangerously undercooked--whites clear and yolk was soupy annd everything tasted like canola oil (yuch, BLAND) and slipping all over the plate. I wanted to confirm my suspicions, so i cornered one of the busboys near the kitchen to ask the cook if he uses oil and sure enough busboy said "everything is cooked in vegetable oil". Was I miffed. What ever happened to cooking with some butter???? When the kitchen door swung open, I could hear Spanish and for a moment I thought I was south of the border. Maybe the cook prepares breakfast in vegetable oil in Tijuana but here in US we cook our Irish breakfasts with Kerrygold butter! It could also be due to laziness and bad attitude about his job. Time for restaurant owners to start hiring cooks that actually know how to cook rather than someone who is cheap labor because when the quality of your product is compromised, your business is doomed for failure. Maybe this restaurant is having financial difficulties- i will NEVER eat here again. lost $35 and left starving. Heed my advice else waste your hard earned money!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
T inley Park, Il
“nice place for shower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went to a wedding shower at Ashford House. The atmosphere very pretty . The staff was very friendly and curteous. The food was well prepared, portions generous and very tasty

Visited July 2012
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Quite yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Can never find anything to complain about at this restaurant. Service is spot on, food is delicious and plentiful and the servers are very patient with elderly diners. It is easy to access for my dad who uses a walker.
Breakfasts are out of this world and their sandwiches are generous and delicious. I don't like curry but their chicken curry has changed my mind.
Just a nice, delicious and relaxing place to dine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Corned Beef Sandwich!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The corned beef simply melts in your mouth. The also have an Irish salad sandwich, which is made with egg salad, that is excellent!

• Visited October 2012