“Adjacent to Tinley Park Convention Center, this hotel offers good service at a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Tinley Park
Chicago, Ilinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Not exactly your vacation hot spot; but if business brings you to this southern suburb of Chicago, the Holiday Inn is a good choice. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. Location adjacent to the Convention Center is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive review! So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Laurie Mullan
Guest Service Manager

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gladstone, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here as a family of four (with 2 children: ages 4 and 5) for three nights. We ended up in a room with one king bed, so we brough along travel cots for the kids (which was fine). Rooms are clean and the beds/bedding are new and very comfortable. There was a mini fridge and microwave, desk/chair, extra chair w/ottoman and a large flat screen TV. I wish the room would've had a small table and 2 chairs versus the upholstered chair w/ottoman (for people who eat in the room) but oh well, we ate on the floor. There was also a bunch of spackle/plaster spots on the walls that really should be fixed.
The biggest thing we were really disappointed in was the restaurant: Banana's Grille (or something close). The service was incredibly incredibly slow and often inaccurate every single visit. We ate there a total of five times: 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts. Once we waited by the "please wait to be seated" sign for 13 minutes before anyone even looked at us, and after we were seated our beverages were never faster than 10 minutes. Plan on at least 30 minutes for even a kids grilled cheese on a Tuesday night. For breakfasts, I recommend the buffet: $10/adult and $6/child.
I was actually really shocked that this scale of hotel, plus being catered to business people, that the breakfast wasn't complimentary. This added a total of $96 to our weekend for us to have breakfast 3x, and to be honest- I wouldn't stay here again just for that fact alone. There are plenty of options with free breakfast to save that money.... plus add in that every meal was a 2.5hour ordeal because of slow service and it's just exhausting. A refill should never take 10 minutes. Our children fell asleep on our laps in a booth one night because we waited so so long for our bill. That says alot :(
The pool was nice- nothing special like a slide or kids area but that's to be expected at a convention center. The water was a decent temperature. I didn't use the fitness center (they had one eliptical, one treadmill, and not sure what else but it was small).
Overall, a nice quality hotel- but the restaurant really brings down the experience. Fix that situation and this would be a winner for me.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with adequate beds and a tub. (Some rooms are shower only).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. I appreciate your comments regarding the comfort of the bed and the cleanliness of your room. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to utilize our newly resurfaced pool as well. I'm very sorry that we fell short of your expectations in the restaurant. I have forwarded your concerns regarding service to our restaurant manager and Director of Operations. As a full-service hotel, we do not include breakfast with your stay unless a breakfast rate is booked (which is always available). Children under the age of 12 eat free when ordering off of the children's menu with a qualified rate. Please give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future--you may contact me directly to make your reservation. We'd love the chance for a do-over!

Laurie Mullan
Guest Service Manager!
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Clean, quiet and comfortable is all I want in a hotel. This was very clean (one of the cleanest I've ever been in) and as I was at the far end of the property away from the elevators and ice machine, it was very quiet. The beds are always very comfortable at the Holiday Inn and the pillows are great. The WiFi signal was strong and I could stream movies on my tablet in my room without an excess of buffering even though I stayed over a weekend and the hotel was full. I'm not sure why this was rated a "far from everything" by another guest. There is fast food nearby (Burger King and Culver's), a good Asian restaurant called "Yes, Asia" and a Dunkin' Donuts for that morning coffee. All of these are just off of the Convention Center property, but as the parking lots around the Convention Center and the hotel are extensive (feels like an airport property), it is the equivalent of two city blocks to the nearest other commercial property. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu, but I ate two meals there and it was reasonable and very good.

Room Tip: I had a King Suite at the south end of the building. Other than other guests using their jacuzzi tu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for one night and it was hands down the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in away from home. The check in process was quick and easy--I came in after midnight. The room was very clean and included a microwave and fridge along with a bag of microwave popcorn and water. Nice! The only complaint I have was that the convention center is literally in the same parking lot and it is lit up like a Car Sales Lot! It was super bright. The curtains didn't quite close all the way so there will still the bright light coming through the cracks so that was a little annoying.

Nice heat lamp in the bathroom. There's a restaurant attached to the hotel that had a nice menu but I didn't have the opportunity to check it out. I will the next time I stay there for sure. There are other food places around this hotel and it is right off of the interstate so it's easy to find too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Wow--you made me want to go to a room and take a nap! We look forward to having you here on a future stay in Tinley Park!
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Although it's located next to the Convention Center, there is nothing around the hotel during the night. You'll have to drive even for a fast food dinner. The breakfast buffet is very poor in diversity and quality, what made me ask for omeletes every day.
The rooms are very clean and they're in good shape, but the heating is too buzzy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your candid review. I'm sorry that you felt that we didn't have what you needed in our area. There is a Culver's. Quizno's, and Al's Chicago Beef directly across the street, and Burger King virtually shares our parking lot. The Front Desk staff would have been happy to assit you with these and other food options in the area, all within walking distance. I have passed onto our housekeeping staff the compliments regarding the rooms. They are the hardest working people in the industry in my opinion, so it's wonderful when their work gets recognized!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Hands down the best service ever received at a hotel/motel! Friendly staff always smiling rooms are clean very very pleasant stay so far! I've been here 2 weeks and have 5 more weeks here and so glad its such a quite pleasant place! Staff makes you feel at home!

• Stayed October 2012
Commerce, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Business Trip,

Reception friendly and processed quiclkly. thank you.

Room was clean and quite. Unfortunately had to watch the TV and see the Democrat win the election. Very drepressing.

Frequently stay with Holiday Inn's: Upgraded. Room was nice, quiet, roomy.

Had dinner at in-house restaurant. Choices were pleantiful and food was reasonalby priced for area and portions large. Waitstaff very good in restaurant, cold beer, hard worling wait staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks so much for letting us know we're doing things right! I love the new menu, too. Not much we could have done to change your election woes except serve you cold beers, so I'm glad you enjoyed those, too!

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center? Share your experiences!