“High School Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Florida
“High School Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We flew into Chicago on Thursday night for a long weekend celebration of Mark's 45th high school reunion. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tinley Park as we had a special group rate for the members of the class of 1967 - Homewood-Flossmoor. We shared the hotel with other gatherings as well - the tattoo folks who were attending and participating in a tattoo exhibition/show at the adjoining convention center. That was a interesting crowd!!!! The staff of the holiday were very accommodating and friendly. The room was clean and updated. I could crack the windows a tiny bit to feel the breeze from outside. We were next to the ice machine and elevator but there was no noise to speak of. I especially like the new shower design of walking in to a corner shower w/o having to step into a tub. Very minor inconvenience was no hair conditioner, instead two lotions so had to find housekeeping to get some. The lobby was nicely appointed and I especially liked the outdoor spaces in front of the hotel. I think the restaurant is struggling as not many eat there and the bartender got a bit overwhelmed when many of us gathered for drinks each late afternoon. The wait staff who came on to help, made a difference on Saturday. They have the basic indoor pool and a nicely furnished gym with good equipment. Good location to a few good restaurants and local communities. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I love the photos of the outside you posted! I like sitting out there on a sunny day to eat my lunch--a very peaceful spot...

Hope to have you here on future stays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hanover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night while attending a Jimmy Buffett concert. They allowed an early check in which was well appreciated by all as everyone wants to check in and leave for the concert by early to mid afternoon. No question that they were prepared to accommodate Parrotthead's and were ready to be user friendly. Nice spacious rooms in a very nice area. A pleasure to stay at a customer friendly hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We were certainly taken over by Parrotheads--what a fun group! I don't know if Buffett's coming back next year, but if he does, we hope to serve you again. (Or for any other reason to come to Tinley Park!)
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I checked in early knowing the hotel was almost full Saturday June 30th. I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn's and being Membership Level: PLATINUM, I know there policies. I want a little upset with this location. There is no membership sign or person taking membership people. The room I was assigned was very small and I called the front desk as soon I walked into the room to ask for a larger room. The clerk stated there is no other rooms open due to they are booked. Both sinks in the bathroom weren’t draining. The bathroom was nice and clean. The a/c ran full the whole night and still wasn't cold.They have free wireless with a code. In the morning they change the code without telling you. They could say this is the code for Saturday and here is the one for Sunday. There is No coffee in the lobby(drove 2 blocks for coffee) and no free breakfast. The parking lot had paper ad’s on all the cars in the morning. There are about 4 other hotels across the street. They may be a better choice next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear whopper36,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for your recent review. I'm so pleased you liked the cleanliness of your bathroom. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at check in and for the room accommodations that fell below your expectations. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with our free wireless Internet access. We work very hard to be the best hotel around that provides world class excellence. For that reason, I will make sure your comments will be reviewed and will be used to improve our guest services and facilities. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to serve you again on your future stays.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had early check in with ADA room. Stayed 3 nights. Staff friendly and responsive.
Restaurant under staffed but friendly. Food was average to fair. Numerous franchise
restaurants nearby, some within walking distance.
Super easy to access, in an out from expressway is 2 minutes tops.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I made a reservation to stay during a convention. I tried to check in early afternoon. The clerk said the hotel was at capacity this evening and my room wouldn't be ready until later. My co-worker had doble beds booked and checked in. Ok, I understand. I'll come back and check in that evening. I Check in, and the key doesn't work. I go down and have new keys made. They don't work. They send someone up with me to open the door. I walk in. It smell like smoke. I was given a double bed smoking room. I ask for another room and the reply is "I'm sorry, we're sold out we can't get you another room." I'm absolutely dissatisfied. No offer for any kind of help to make the situation right. Terrible hotel. Terrible service.

• Stayed June 2012
lmullan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I am truly sorry for the mixup on your reservation. There were so many balls dropped by my staff and I take full responsibility. I had been informed by my overnight Manager on Duty about your situation. Please feel free to contact me so we can come to some sort of resolution for you. I assure you, this is NOT how we normally treat our guests!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Although my stay here was short (one night), I was very impressed with the overall appearance of this property. Hotel staff were helpful and courteous. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Room service from the on-site restaurant was adequate but nothing special. I would very likely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The good first. Check in and desk staff all around, very polite, down to earth and professional! Parking, plenty! Access from and back to the highway, one of the best around, even my travel companion commented that it was one of the easiest we have ever traveled to.
Pool/spa/gym great! very nice size for a hotel, sauna is a nice touch and gym is quite large. All of it was immaculate.
Room was very clean and beds quite comfy, bathroom was nice. Kind of odd not having over head lights in the room but the lamps gave it enough lighting. Coffee pot, fridge and microwave all very clean and great working condition! Nice flat screen tv with plenty of channels.
Now to the food issue. We were traveling for an athletic event with weigh ins in the morning etc so decent meals were definitely desired and being disappointed with "Bananas" the in house restaurant does not even begin to explain it. We had a long day traveling to get there in the evening and did not feel like going back out to a local eatery for supper.
Service was below average for supper had to wait at least 20 minutes to even order drinks or food and there were no more than 5 tables of customers and it appeared to be no more than 3 people working on a Friday night. Food was high priced for the quality. The restaurant is trying to be high end fair instead of what it is, a Holiday Inn. My son ordered the spaghetti which he ate about half of if that thanks to the broccoli, large red peppers and huge pieces of bologna in it. He just wanted some spaghetti not some fancy interpretation of what it's supposed to be. I had the fish and chips. 2 pieces of fish with a lot more breading than fish a small hand full of fries. Had to ask for water more than once and had to go ask the host to find our waiter in the back after being done for 20 minutes to get our check, he was ready to swim.
Breakfast was not much better. A good 20 minute wait, we were preparing to get up and go find that Cracker Barrel just as our waitress, who appeared to be the only one working, finally appeared. The breakfast food was better than supper, but the service and wait time ruined that.
Staying all over the Midwest several times every year we have come to expect the normal buffet type meals on the weekends and this hotel does not offer it at all. They want you to eat in the restaurant.
We will be returning to Tinley Park in the fall and there is a decent chance we will stay in this hotel again, but we will prepare for our meals much differently, may even just bring our own stuff to microwave in the room as opposed to ever going "Bananas" again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear TJ4traveling,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good and the opportunities to improve. We hope you enjoyed your visit and are glad to hear you were happy with the hotel accommodations and amenities. Whilst I am pleased with the really good comments, I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We are deeply sorry for the poor service you received in our restaurant. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center? Share your experiences!