“Nice and clean!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Tinley Park
Austin, Texas
“Nice and clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

During my recent quick visit to Windy City, my friend booked me up in this Hotel. King bed suite room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom,shower, TV, Internet and heating all we're seem to in order and bedding-carpet looked like recently up dated. Breakfast was nice and properly served. Staff was courteous and check- in, check-out was a snap. I have already booked myself in April!
Yes, location is great too!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days. Excellent wifi , new remodeled rooms and warm pool .
Although it was brutally cold the heater worked fine. They had coffee for almost 24 hrs.
It is close to restaurants
I was told new management has taken over

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. Last Christmas and this Thanksgiving. Both times I chose this hotel for the use of the pool. I never got to use it. The first year I could understand because the pool area was under construction or reconstruction. This year though, I was ready to swim. After all the description of the hotel was that the pool was heated. NOT TRUE! The swim room was 87 degrees but the pool was not. Now understand that the temperature was between 18 and 28 outside and if you plan on swimming than you want warm water at least. Other wise you'll catch cold and since the water in the bathrooms have scolding hot water than I couldn't understand why the pool water wasn't warm!
Breakfast was good. The rooms were outstanding. Beds were so nice to sleep in. The rooms were so clean! I would stay again but I wouldn't plan on swimming.

Room Tip: If you want a very good sleep than stay here. There are great restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
East midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

If you like shopping then this is a cool place to stay. The staff are very obliging and when I had to suffer very noisy neighbours, they acted promptly and dealt with the problem! The room was cleaned and I love having the microwave and coffee maker. Normally a car is essential in getting around in the US, but here there is a good choice of local shops.
I have stayed here 3 times now and love it! Good value for money.

Stayed June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The first thing you notice upon entering this hotel is the clean non smoking, no pets allowed clean air. Most hotels in this area are pet friendly or has smoking rooms so this hotel is really an asthma free haven! The second thing you will notice is the utter disdain and lack of assistance if you have booked your hotel on a third party website.

I booked my hotel through Expedia as a King Suite Standard (not a King Standard), which was higher in price than than the King Standard and the person at the reception refused to honor my reservation stating that all of the rooms at the hotel were suites (which is untrue) therefore my booking was for an standard room and not a suite. I continued to argue nicely that the room I booked was higher than the listed Standard Room, and continued to say that they do not recommend using third party websites and that in the future I should book directly. I asked if I could just get an upgrade, and she said that they do not offer upgrades to third party reservation guests! I've never heard any hotel say something like that! When I offered to pay the difference of the heaping $7 a night for the suite she said that third party reservations are untouchable and unchangeable.

Every response was that I shouldn't have used a third party website and that, "this kind of thing always happens if you don't book directly through the hotel". When I told her that I only use third party websites and that I am an Expedia Elite member and that this has NEVER happened before, she tried to play nice but still wouldn't honor the reservation.

The morning after I had Expedia send a fax stating that the room I booked was in fact the suite and not the standard and they still refused the honor the reservation. The assistant manager again stated that I shouldn't have used a third party website to book. After two days of battling, emails and faxes to and fro, I gave up. One person working at the hotel even told me that the only thing a third party website does is to ask for a commission check at the end of the month! Ok, I get it. You guys, really hate third party websites. Understood.

On a more positive note, the rooms are ultra clean, albeit small, if you are in a normal room. If you have a lot of luggage the room may feel a bit crowded. All of the rooms have flat screens, a fridge and the bed is super comfy. They have the worst pool in the area, so small it could be mistaken for a hot tub. I'm not kidding, it's just that small. So don't plan on swimming in this hotel. The breakfast is really excellent, although you would never get that looking at the photos. Eggs, sausage, self service waffles of plain and blueberry, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, 4 cereals, many muffins, bagels, sweet rolls... Really worth getting up for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Before I begin with what is going to be a very negative review of this hotel, let me be clear: the staff was very willing to help and professional. Clearly the issues to follow are due to poor management and not due to lack of willingness from staff. Each interaction with the staff at the hotel was positive, which makes the rest of the experience even less satisfying. If you have a decent property and great people working there, how can the experience be so bad?

Booked a room through Priceline because my husband and I were going to see a show at the First Midwest Amphitheater. We booked the Comfort Inn at a reasonable rate and had low expectations to begin with. Unfortunately, even our most base expectations were not met. Our room was different than what we had booked. Granted, that could be a problem with Priceline (it remains to be seen). We called down to the VERY friendly front-desk (Brandon) and verified that their records showed 2 queen beds instead of 1 king. Also verified that the hotel was fully booked and we'd have to take what we got. He was nice about it and we were determined to be affable and enjoy the get-a-way, so issue was dropped. Next we split up. Hubby to the bathroom and I to check the bedding. Both disgusting. There was a large bloodstain on the bedskirt and the mattress liner. The bathtub had no drain cover, just a dirty plug and there were chips in the fiberglass. The floor in the "sitting area" had chewed nut pieces on it and a large amount of dust in the corners and edges. The walls were filthy; brown smears near the garbage and dust clumps in every corner. I walked down to the front desk to give them the laundry list of things that were unacceptable. The front desk employees were apologetic and were on the phone before I was even done with the list of complaints, attempting to remedy the problem. I asked for a delay to the cleaning so that we could get ready for the concert and asked that they take care of the room while we were gone. At the agreed-upon time, the lady from the front desk and the maintenance man showed up and we left. When we returned, the very basics were remedied, but there was still a blood stain on the bedskirt and none of the basic cleaning had been redone. In short, the list of things that I asked to be taken care of was mostly fixed, but these employees are very used to operating on a bare-minimum level. Their willingness to help leads me to believe that there is a serious case of mismanagement going on. Either the manager has never entered one of their own dingy rooms, or they're so accustomed to filth that they wouldn't notice the smeared walls, broken tub and dirty floors. I am sending a copy of this review to Comfort Inn, to this particular location and to Priceline, but I don't intend to ever stay at that hotel again and would definitely not recommend it to anyone else. By the way, I am under the impression that the Sleep Inn (that shares the parking lot) is under the same management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!