“Pretty good for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
ann arbor, MI
“Pretty good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed here just one night. We had 3 adults and two children so we selected the 2 double bed suite and then the kids slept on the pullout couch. It didn't look too comfortable, but kids never seem to mind. The double beds were very comfortable - it felt like they may have been pillow top. The room was clean, and the property was quite even though he told me they were almost booked. We paid $95 on a Friday evening. The Sleep Inn, right next door, wanted $112 and it wasn't a "suite." Continental breakfast was typical. I would stay here again.

• Liked — clean and good price
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Out of Town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

Room was pleasant enough, and the location was handy for our purposes. However, it wasn't until AFTER we failed to get room service one morning that we were told that this is a "Limited Service" hotel.

From the note tucked under our door (at 11.45 AM):
"Sorry, we missed you. Due to the do not disturb sign on your door, we were unable to clean your room toda. As a limited service property, maid service is offered between limited hours only. Those hours are from 9 o'clock am to 12 o'clock noon for our extended guests.
We strive to provide you with quality housekeeping service that our guests are accustomed to receiving. We would be more than happy to clean your room tomorrow or on your next visit with us. Please make sure your Do Not Disturb sign is off your door by 12 o'clock noon."

I thought hotels were to cater to guests (within reason) and not guests to cater to housekeeping staff?

We stayed six nights. We had room service three times, and not for the last two mornings in a row. One morning we answered the door before 9 AM and said that we'd be leaving the room for the day by 10 AM. We were gone within 45 minutes. Our room had not been serviced at all when we came back late that night. Nor was it serviced the next day while we were out. We had to call the front desk, and the clerk brought us towels, coffee, and more garbage bags.

I don't mind the trend to not change sheets every day during extended stays, but PLEASE take my garbage out! And please replace the coffee & fixings, as coffee is vital to life. And you might want to be sure that there are enough towels. Oh, and please let me know in advance if your hotel has a bizarre "limited service" policy. It was NOT noted on the hotel's website, nor mentioned when we checked in.

Meanwhile, the front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was...adequate. Nothing thrilling, but available, and usually cared for by a friendly attendant. Wish the place had had a business center with a computer & internet, but I suppose that amenity is fading with the arrival of WiFi everywhere.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Thin walls.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Maid service is horrible. If you are not checking out they want to clean your room by noon or do not want to clean it at all. I was there for 10 nights and not before my arrival nor during my stay was the desk vacuumed under. Every day, they cut off your air condition so when you come back in the afternoon you get to walk into a hot humid room - I paid for the room so I think I should return with the air condition the way I had it set. When I left extra trash on top of the trash can, the maid put it on the floor next to the trash can and left it there. I ran out of kleenex, and the maid did not leave a new box. I had a cold so had to use toilet paper. I had some nats in the room, I saw either two small roaches or crickets in my room ( I wonder why?). I went to front desk to report the service to the manager but the manager was not in. The attendant listened to me talk about poor maid service for about 5 seconds, the phone rang and she thought it was more important to answer the phone than listen to me - a paying customer - I just walked away and went back to my room. When you pay $100 - $125 for a room, I expect more (and really do not expect that much) than this Comfort Suite cares to provide. P.S.: Sorry for the poor rating - but facts are facts.

Stayed August 2007
Maui
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2007

A little hard to find in a business 'industrial park', but a decent business hotel.

All things inside and out were thoroughly predictable 'Comfort Suites'. I guess that is good!

Smaller parking lot

• Liked — Location and predictability of services
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

We used a coupon and stayed 2 nights for $123 including tax. The room was nice and in my opinion above average for the price. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was very good.

The motel smelled of paint, it had probably just been painted. In the room however, there were no smell.

Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Comfort Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!